Sky coverage

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
PJC

Sky coverage

Post by PJC »

I don’t think that I can recall such a one sided commentary . All the talk was about HKR. I felt that Wigan were a team from Australia who we in this country were hoping to beat.
HKR rightly got some praise but I felt the commentary team almost willed them on .
Firestarter

Re: Sky coverage

Post by Firestarter »

I agree it was very biased watching it back.Not one of them mentioned the possible penslty try for bevan.The most annoying part was the comments on goal kicking.I honestly thought that it was tactical to put more pressure on harry.Miskis try should have brought the commentary house down but they all sounded gutted.Very very poor
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
moto748

Post by moto748 »

On balance, I don't think there was enough for a pen try, but I agree that you'd have thought it would be part of the conversation. Betcha if a HKR player had been pulled back, it would have been different.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

moto748 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 12:00 am On balance, I don't think there was enough for a pen try, but I agree that you'd have thought it would be part of the conversation. Betcha if a HKR player had been pulled back, it would have been different.
Thats an interesting point but pen try wasn't even discussed....
outback wiganer

Post by outback wiganer »

Very biased commentary. All we heard was how good the Hull KR attack and defence is. John Wells was just outrageously over the top with his comments. I've never been a lover of the sky commentators and last night was by far the worst yet.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Firestarter wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:50 pm I agree it was very biased watching it back.Not one of them mentioned the possible penslty try for bevan.The most annoying part was the comments on goal kicking.I eehonestly thought that it was tactical to put more pressure on harry.Miskis try should have brought the commentary house down but they all sounded gutted.Very very poor
How on earth does the Sky commentary impact Harry taking kicks in the game?

Come on.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

My god you all cheered when Eddie and Stevo retired :lol:
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

fozzieskem wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:03 am My god you all cheered when Eddie and Stevo retired :lol:
In the words of that great Cinderella song, Don't know what you got till it's gone

Come back Wiggy, all is forgiven
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:15 am
Firestarter wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:50 pm I agree it was very biased watching it back.Not one of them mentioned the possible penslty try for bevan.The most annoying part was the comments on goal kicking.I eehonestly thought that it was tactical to put more pressure on harry.Miskis try should have brought the commentary house down but they all sounded gutted.Very very poor

Come on.
If you read what ive put you would understand i mean putting more pressure on him.Of course pressure impacts a player.His game play is very good its just its kicking that is off.Do you think that the players listen to commentary and read comments about them? Honestly? As you said COME ON
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Firestarter wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:45 am
nathan_rugby wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:15 am

Come on.
If you read what ive put you would understand i mean putting more pressure on him.Of course pressure impacts a player.His game play is very good its just its kicking that is off.Do you think that the players listen to commentary and read comments about them? Honestly? As you said COME ON
And how could he hear the commentary in game when hes playing?Sometimes i think your argumentative just for the sake of it