Hooker

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Hooker

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Barney841 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:29 am It’s a known fact that we are missing an attacking threat from the PTB.
Powell doesn’t offer that, never has
He did when we scored the first try of the second half at Leeds, it was a great move.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:49 pm
Barney841 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:29 am It’s a known fact that we are missing an attacking threat from the PTB.
He did when we scored the first try of the second half at Leeds, it was a great move.
He must be a class hooker then?
Makes me laugh when people make comments like that.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Barney841 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 4:05 pm
Makes me laugh with yours & others who make these sort of comments too. Can’t all be super dooper rugby players. No respect for any of our players!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

josie andrews wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 4:19 pm

Makes me laugh with yours & others who make these sort of comments too. Can’t all be super dooper rugby players. No respect for any of our players!
You’re absolutely right Josie.
So there’s no other hookers out there for us? We stick with Powell? Also Josie but how am I disrespecting him? I don’t rate him as a PLAYER and that’s my prerogative. That’s what people get wrong in here, I’m criticising his ability as a player not what he’s like in person
moto748

Post by moto748 »

My beef is that O'Neill doesn't offer much of a point of difference compared to Powell. So I'd like to see Forber given a shot.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I do agree O’Neill is a better Powell rather than offering a different style
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Charriots Offiah

Where did I say he was a class hooker, I was simply correcting your inaccurate post. It makes me laugh when people post comments that are totally untrue.
Charriots Offiah

Barney841 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 5:38 pm

So there’s no other hookers out there for us? We stick with Powell? Also Josie but how am I disrespecting him? I don’t rate him as a PLAYER and that’s my prerogative. That’s what people get wrong in here, I’m criticising his ability as a player not what he’s like in person
That’s fair enough you are obviously entitled to your opinion, but that is not what you posted!
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 3:32 am

That’s fair enough you are obviously entitled to your opinion, but that is not what you posted!
Ok I should have worded my first message abit better. But what I meant was with comments that make me laugh is that we all know that Powell is known from not running from the PTB, if you say different your lying, but then you come out and say well he did that run that provided that try, which he did, but it’s not a common occurrence though is it?
Charriots Offiah

Barney841 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:06 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 3:32 am

Ok I should have worded my first message abit better. But what I meant was with comments that make me laugh is that we all know that Powell is known from not running from the PTB, if you say different your lying, but then you come out and say well he did that run that provided that try, which he did, but it’s not a common occurrence though is it?
I agree he is not renowned for running from DH and no it is not a common occurrence.