Hooker

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
archiekeith

Re: Hook

Post by archiekeith »

Barney841 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:06 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 3:32 am
Barney841 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 5:38 pm

You’re absolutely right Josie.
So there’s no other hookers out there for us? We stick with Powell? Also Josie but how am I disrespecting him? I don’t rate him as a PLAYER and that’s my prerogative. That’s what people get wrong in here, I’m criticising his ability as a player not what he’s like in person
That’s fair enough you are obviously entitled to your opinion, but that is not what you posted!
Ok I should have worded my first message abit better. But what I meant was with comments that make me laugh is that we all know that Powell is known from not running from the PTB, if you say different your lying, but then you come out and say well he did that run that provided that try, which he did, but it’s not a common occurrence though is it?
There aren't any hookers out there because booking is not a
Feature in the game anymore. Any rugby league halfback with the ability to read the game, know what "plays" to make in any given situation eg James Roby skilled enough to execute the said action can make a good "pivot " "9" Know when and if to "scoot" or any other appropriate action Its not nuclear Science, intelligent seemingly " off the cuff" moves perfected by perfect practice as opposed to "common occurance moves which are much to easy for opposItion's to read. Commonse, second nature resulting from natural ability enhanced by constant practice and coaching. Any half back having the said abilities can make a"pivotal position ie "9" or "13" or so I believe.
Exiled Wiganer

Re: Hooker

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

The Powell story has been done to death. He hasn’t got a running game, rare exceptions aside. For some of us that is why we would like to see another hooker, others believe that the other things he offers compensate sufficiently for that. I would prefer to see Parcell (and we’d only have to swap a few letters on the shirts, so he’d be a bargain!)
We only gave Powell a 2 year contract, so this time next year we may be nearing the end of the Powell era 🤞
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 1:47 pm The Powell story has been done to death. He hasn’t got a running game, rare exceptions aside. For some of us that is why we would like to see another hooker, others believe that the other things he offers compensate sufficiently for that. I would prefer to see Parcell (and we’d only have to swap a few letters on the shirts, so he’d be a bargain!)
We only gave Powell a 2 year contract, so this time next year we may be nearing the end of the Powell era 🤞
Notjing to do with Powell but if Parcell is as good as people are stating why is he at KR and why did leeds get rid
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 9:00 am
Nothing to do with Powell but if Parcell is as good as people are stating why is he at KR and why did leeds get rid
People will only see what they want to see.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I saw the game on Thursday, and thought Parcell was very good. I would have preferred him not to be as I wanted to see WIgan win.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 3:30 am
Barney841 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 4:05 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:49 pm

He did when we scored the first try of the second half at Leeds, it was a great move.
He must be a class hooker then?
Makes me laugh when people make comments like that.
Where did I say he was a class hooker, I was simply correcting your inaccurate post. It makes me laugh when people post comments that are totally untrue.
Me too.

I also "it's a known fact" amusing.
It's a known fact that successive and successful coaches have picked Powell, but clearly some on here know better than them.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 1:47 pm The Powell story has been done to death. He hasn’t got a running game, rare exceptions aside. For some of us that is why we would like to see another hooker, others believe that the other things he offers compensate sufficiently for that. I would prefer to see Parcell (and we’d only have to swap a few letters on the shirts, so he’d be a bargain!)
Classic comment - made me laugh, even though I disagree re Powell.

We should have a thread with players we could sign with minimum letter swaps?

My opening bid is Connor Wrench.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

morley pie eater wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 1:51 pm
Barney841 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 4:05 pm

He must be a class hooker then?
Makes me laugh when people make comments like that.
Where did I say he was a class hooker, I was simply correcting your inaccurate post. It makes me laugh when people post comments that are totally untrue.
Me too.

It's a known fact that successive and successful coaches have picked Powell, but clearly some on here know better than them.
Shaun wane didn’t as soon as he was allowed other options didn’t even have him him in the top 5 English. Hookers
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 4:19 pm

Me too.

Shaun wane didn’t as soon as he was allowed other options didn’t even have him him in the top 5 English. Hookers
it's a known fact
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

medlocke wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 4:54 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 4:19 pm

Me too.

it's a known fact
It's also a known fact that booking is no long a feature of our game neither are scrums but we still persist with these. Fictional terms :lol: