Hooker

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dreamteam

Re: Hooker

Post by Dreamteam »

DaveO wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:48 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:36 pm
First Try Tickle wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:13 pm I think this also shows how Lam was restricted in his attack as he had to pay Powell. Now he's got Edwin Ipape who is a running dummy half, he plays his expansive rugby that we all expected of him. I always thought it was Wane who was obsessed with him, but as said, he's never picked him for England so he doesn't rate him that highly. It must be Rads or IL as even when Peet subs him, it isn't long before he's back on to slow things down.
Do you honestly believe that?
I don’t think how Peet handles his game time is to do with Rads or IL. Peet probably think O’Neil can’t do any more minutes and it’s nothing more than that but it’s obviously Rads and/or IL who keep employing Powell and have not sought to improve the team in that position. Which is a bad reflection on one or both of them.
Have we all just forgotten wire away and saints home last year where he did 80 in both and was outstanding. While Powell let the team down nearly crushing a blokes neck oneil stepped up only to be dropped for the semi final as soon as Powell was back.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Dreamteam wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:13 am
nathan_rugby wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:36 pm
Do you honestly believe that?
I don’t think how Peet handles his game time is to do with Rads or IL. Peet probably think O’Neil can’t do any more minutes and it’s nothing more than that but it’s obviously Rads and/or IL who keep employing Powell and have not sought to improve the team in that position. Which is a bad reflection on one or both of them.
Have we all just forgotten wire away and saints home last year where he did 80 in both and was outstanding. While Powell let the team down nearly crushing a blokes neck oneil stepped up only to be dropped for the semi final as soon as Powell was back.
And that, IMO, lost us the game🤨
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:54 am

It did but I do love a conspiracy theory regard Powell and how our coach has no say in his continued contract extensions
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Caboosegg wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:34 am

It did but I do love a conspiracy theory regard Powell and how our coach has no say in his continued contract extensions
Shaun Wane once said Sam Powell is always the first name on the team sheet, funny how it isn't the same in the England set up, it's obvious the orders are coming from the hierarchy
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Its not a conspiracy theory im 99% sure Radlinski has stated publicly that he and IL are responsible for all recruitment not the coach. I cant remember when it was but he explained the rationale as and im paraphrasing that as they are mainstays and the coach could chop and change its pointless letting a coach select players and contracts and while they would have input Rads had the final say
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:05 am

Its not a conspiracy theory im 99% sure Radlinski has stated publicly that he and IL are responsible for all recruitment not the coach. I cant remember when it was but he explained the rationale as and im paraphrasing that as they are mainstays and the coach could chop and change its pointless letting a coach select players and contracts and while they would have input Rads had the final say
I imagine that means after the sporting and financial group have agreed on the targets they want, and the priority order, then its Rads' job to get them. Not that he alone makes decisions on who we recruit. That would be crazy. The expection to this is likely to be an opportunistic signing when a good player becomes available at below market value - like Field, French and the Melbourne players for example.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:05 am

It was also said that the coaches do get a say and that KR comes back with who they have been able to spproach and the coach has a final say. So for the Powell conspiracy to be true it would mean a constant one man list.

This is also contradictory when you consider Lam is credited for bringing French across.

So when it goes well it's the coach, when the player isn't liked it's KR.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

I’m sure someone on twitter will have the clip of the radlinski speech after the Leeds cc game. Wilkin asks him how good was bevan French and he responds by saying I thought Powell was really good 🤣🤣
Raging Penguin

Post by Raging Penguin »

Radlinski also said this during the evening of the Jason Robinson event