Miski

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
benjamaphone

Re: Miski

Post by benjamaphone »

Big fan of Miski - would love to keep him for a decent stint
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Some decisions to be made pretty sure we have 5 slots that are off contract some with options on the quota list. Miski, Ellis,Mago, Cust and Isa. For me the first two on the keep list would be Miski and Ellis. Rocky and Miski's form have probably changed our thought process on who we keep. Cust also looks injured so maybe tough to judge him. Miski does everything you want carries well finishes well solid in D he just lacks half a yard of pace. I imagine we keep three but you never know.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

lucky 13 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:05 pm Some decisions to be made pretty sure we have 5 slots that are off contract some with options on the quota list. Miski, Ellis,Mago, Cust and Isa. For me the first two on the keep list would be Miski and Ellis. Rocky and Miski's form have probably changed our thought process on who we keep. Cust also looks injured so maybe tough to judge him. Miski does everything you want carries well finishes well solid in D he just lacks half a yard of pace. I imagine we keep three but you never know.
Ricky’s form? It’s been two games hasn’t it?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
craigo

Post by craigo »

I would keep Miski. Good stats.
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

it's been two games
Yes two games but the player he would be replacing squad wise has seemed injured since last year's cup final. Shame for Cust as I really like him and he's still young but pressure is on looking from outside, if Rocky continues to improve he would be ideal as he's home grown and probably cheaper cap wise. I do think coaches like what Cust brings in detail.
I could see Field taking the 6 spot, in that Leigh game... I know "one game" but it was the best we had clicked ball in hand. I would still like to see Cust have a go at hooker if he can get himself right.
For me we are better balanced team with Miski on the wing the hard yards are massive with the way we play especially while down on props. Smith looks better just playing where he sees it with jai and French running off him. That is also a big problem for teams trying to defend as all three can play off the cuff as well as putting on set moves. The speed French Field and Rocky give us from 1 and 6 helps Smith's game not sure Cust does.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

To me me Cust brings unfussy work that allows players round him to get on with things,you don’t need flashy players in every position Cust,to me is one of those player who,fly under the radar,that said he’s clearly not fit to me and his game has suffered.

Still think if he wants to stay Wigan will keep him.
Big Steve

Post by Big Steve »

When Field is back i think we should move to Field at 6 and Rocky on the bench to cover 9 interchange and anywhere on the backline if needed.

Miski deserves to stay - his strength coming out of our half and close to the line finishing are great assets. And with Field, French, Marshall and at times Rocky we have plenty of pace
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Cust’s position is rockier now that we are seeing how French can run the side from 1, and Miski is worth his place. Field is a fantastic player and a very good 6. So Cust has become surplus to requirements, regardless of any ongoing fitness issues.
God2

Post by God2 »

Extremely tough decisions for sure, he reminds me of Justin Carney in his play style. Obviously a million times better attitude tho.

Out of the three mentioned I’d like to see Miski stay, then possibly Ellis. Cust for me is a 9 but we have O’Neil and Powell in that department.
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

I think Miski and Ellis should stay because they’re in areas we need numbers, Cust , although I rate him plays in positions were we have plenty options ,unfortunately .