Attacking Scrums

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Stanfax

Attacking Scrums

Post by Stanfax »

Anyone else think we are way more dangerous than any other team, with a scrum about 20 yards out from the opposition line? Even when we have just one of Bevan or Jai? Seems we either score or get a penalty, more often than not.
moto748

Re: Attacking Scrums

Post by moto748 »

I think it's a case of, so far, so good, but opposition coaches are not idiots.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Stanfax wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 7:47 pm Anyone else think we are way more dangerous than any other team, with a scrum about 20 yards out from the opposition line? Even when we have just one of Bevan or Jai? Seems we either score or get a penalty, more often than not.
I thought from the title you were going to remark on the scrum v Leeds where they caught our pack off guard and got the ball back when we knocked on.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
doc

Post by doc »

Now that covid is over with I would like to return to the old rules of scrums and penalties rather than turnovers or 6 agains, especially the latter as it doesn't give as big an advantage as a penalty if the offence is committed on the first tackle, as is often the case.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

doc wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 4:29 pm Now that covid is over with I would like to return to the old rules of scrums and penalties rather than turnovers or 6 agains, especially the latter as it doesn't give as big an advantage as a penalty if the offence is committed on the first tackle, as is often the case.
Said this all along. If they want to keep this rule it should be in your oppositions half, what’s the point as doc says if it’s in your own half or after the 1st tackle. Should be a penalty at up to the half way line at least if it has to be six again!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Stanfax

Post by Stanfax »

ian.birchall wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:54 am
Stanfax wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 7:47 pm Anyone else think we are way more dangerous than any other team, with a scrum about 20 yards out from the opposition line? Even when we have just one of Bevan or Jai? Seems we either score or get a penalty, more often than not.
I thought from the title you were going to remark on the scrum v Leeds where they caught our pack off guard and got the ball back when we knocked on.
Well apart from that one!
moto748

Post by moto748 »

josie andrews wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 5:23 pm Should be a penalty at up to the half way line at least if it has to be six again!
That's more or less what they do in Oz, Josie. If it's inside your 40, it's a penalty, past that, it's six again.

They tweaked the rule, and so should we.