Matty Peet provides squad update and responds to Tyler Dupree speculation

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Matty Peet provides squad update and responds to Tyler Dupree speculation

Post by josie andrews »

Matty Peet says Jai Field isn’t far off returning to action for Wigan Warriors.

The 25-year-old has been on the sidelines since the end of March, after picking up a hamstring injury in the victory over Leigh Leopards.

Wigan take on Catalans Dragons at the Magic Weekend on Saturday afternoon, with a number of different options available to Peet in certain areas.

“No one drops out through injury,” he said.

Jai Field could potentially come back in but it’s a genuine 50/50 at the moment.

"It might be he waits another week for the St Helens game, but he’s champing at the bit.

"He’s a very diligent kid and is naturally one of the fittest players. It’ll be a case of holding him back and making sure he’s doing the right amount of volume at the right time- our staff do a good job there.

"When our lads do come back, we take a lot of pride in them coming back fit

I was really enthused by how Kaide Ellis came back from his injury, he played big minutes in the Challenge

“Ryan Hampshire deserves special credit for how he’s performed in the last two games after so long out- with a short turnaround in there as well.

"He can be really proud with how he’s playing.

"Cade Cust has responded exceptionally well (to not playing), in not just how he’s trained and looked after himself physically, but how he’s been around the group.

"He’s brought an intensity when he warms-up with the team on match day.

"I’m really proud with how he’s handled himself, and when he gets another crack, he would’ve earned it- that’s what we expect here.

"I’d add Iain Thornley to that as well, he’s been a credit.

"Brad Singleton is doing well, he won’t be far off. It won’t be this week, but it could be St Helens or the cup.”

Reports have linked Wigan with Salford’s Tyler Dupree this week, with Hull KR also interested in the prop.

"The first thing to say is, he’s a Salford player,” Peet added.

"Out of respect I don’t like to go into too much detail.

I wouldn’t like it if someone was talking about my players in the press.

"We’ve asked to be included in discussions but I don’t want to comment further.”

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... on-4164464
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Exiled Wiganer

Re: Matty Peet provides squad update and responds to Tyler Dupree speculation

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Matty Peet is an absolute find. He speaks wonderfully. Always humble but always thinks things through. No wonder he gets so much out of the squad. We are lucky to have him.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 4:26 pm Matty Peet is an absolute find. He speaks wonderfully. Always humble but always thinks things through. No wonder he gets so much out of the squad. We are lucky to have him.
+1 in spades
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Bobby-WRL

Post by Bobby-WRL »

I’d like to know what Medlocke thinks ??
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Good coach but could do with another Briers to infuse some fresh new ideas
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I never quite got this idea, though. It seems to suggest that Briers is/was some kind of Scheherazade, with 1001 tales to tell, but only letting them slip at regulated intervals, so as to keep some up his sleeve? :lol:

Perhaps just watching a few videos of the Broncos would be simpler? :)
The Pearl1

Post by The Pearl1 »

Confirms we are keen on Dupree