Ramon Silva joins Toulouse on loan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Ramon Silva joins Toulouse on loan

Post by josie andrews »

Ramon Silva has joined Toulouse Olympique on loan.

He will remain with the Championship side until the end of the season.

Club thanks London Broncos for the time and effort invested in Ramon.

Wigan prop forward/second row Ramon Silva has joined Championship side Toulouse Olympique on loan until the end of the 2023 season.

The 21 year-old had been with London Broncos to enable him to gain some valuable game time, and previously had spells with Widnes Vikings and North Wales Crusaders.

In 2022, Silva was a regular in the Wigan Reserves side that lifted the Reserves Grand Final Trophy.

Transition Coach, John Duffy said: “This is a further opportunity for Ramon to continue his development playing week in, week out in a full time environment as well as the new culture that comes with playing in France.

“A huge thank you to Mick Eccles at London for all the hard work he has put in helping Ramon with the past few months. We look forward to observing Ramon further over the remainder of the 2023 season.”

Ramon Silva is sponsored by Daniel Cooper Plumbing and Heating.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2023/06/ ... -on-loan/W
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Ramon Silva joins Toulouse on loan

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Wigan always seem to have a player that is talked about a lot but never seems to appear or rarely in the first team feel like Ramon is the current one

previous mentions for players such as Sam Hopkins
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:01 am Wigan always seem to have a player that is talked about a lot but never seems to appear or rarely in the first team feel like Ramon is the current one

previous mentions for players such as Sam Hopkins
He,for me is one of those players that's a gamble if it works out brilliant and if not loan him to wind his contract down as seems to be the case with this fella.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I watched London last weekend (?) on Viaplay and thought he was pretty poor.
Bobby-WRL

Post by Bobby-WRL »

Freeing up space on cap ??
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Perhaps freeing up on quota space too.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:59 pm Perhaps freeing up on quota space too.
Sorry Ted, not a quota player. I thought he did OK v Toulouse (hence they want him) but I was disappointed that he didn't really put himself about I didn't feel we would bring him back on that showing.
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

Strong player but not big enough. Don’t care what anyone says size does matter in his position. Sadly I don’t think he will reach the levels we need him to for a regular spot in a Wigan 1st team. Hill/Nsemba already leagues ahead of him, I’d let him go when his contract is up.