Wigan Squad for Magic

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
The Pearl1

Re: Wigan Squad for Magic

Post by The Pearl1 »

French
Miski
King
Wardle
Marshall
Field
Smith
Ellis
Powell
Byrne
Smithies
Farrell
Shorrocks

Mago
Hill
Nsemba
O’Neill
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I'd be surprised if Field starts. A bench spot looks much more likely to me.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

I think Bevan will remain at #1.

Long term Field will be 6. For this match I think, as others point out, he will play 6 from the bench.

The other option is, of course, that it's mind games and he is not fit yet.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Second half back line…

French - Miski - King - Wardle - Marshall - Field - Smith

As the Beatles used to say “see how they run…”
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:49 pm Second half back line…

French - Miski - King - Wardle - Marshall - Field - Smith

As the Beatles used to say “see how they run…”
..."like pigs from a gun" ???
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Stanfax

Post by Stanfax »

Think he may have been referring to "Lady Madonna" at a guess Morley...
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Marshall: Point to prove

Wigan Warriors winger Liam Marshall looks ahead to Saturday’s Magic Weekend clash with Catalans Dragons at St James’ Park.

Marshall: “It’s an exciting fixture and we have a point to prove against Catalans after they did a job on us earlier in the year at home.”

Watch the full interview with Liam Marshall on Wigan TV HERE.

Warriors winger Liam Marshall says Wigan have a ‘point to prove’ against Catalans Dragons this Saturday at Magic Weekend.

Marshall scored and assisted twice in Wigan’s victory over Hull KR last time out, as Liam Farrell completed his hat-trick in the final seconds of additional time at Sewell Group Craven Park.

Reflecting on the golden point win, Marshall said: “Hull KR away is always a tough challenge. I thought we underperformed in the game, but to still come away with the win in golden point was massive.

Marshall missed Wigan’s defeats against Hull FC and Leeds Rhinos through injury, however, since his return, the Warriors have won their last two matches.

Speaking on his injury, Marshall said: “I had a tear in my abdomen which snowballed from the Warrington and St Helens games. I thought it was just a niggle at first but it didn’t get any better with rest.

“It was nothing major, I just had to have ice baths for recovery and an injection which helped massively. I felt a bit rusty in the Leeds match, but played some good rugby against Hull KR so hopefully I can build on that now.”

Wigan face Catalans Dragons for the first time at a Magic Weekend on Saturday, with the French side level on points with the Warriors who sit second in the Super League table.

Marshall revealed he is always ‘excited’ to play in Newcastle, and at the stadium in which the winger scored a hat-trick on his first St James’ Park appearance in 2017.

Speaking on Magic Weekend, Marshall said: “I always look forward to playing up there, and it’s great getting all the players and fans together on the same weekend, especially at such an iconic ground like St James’ Park.”

The Warriors will be aiming to record a third successive victory, however, they face a tough test against the Dragons who beat Wigan in Round Four at the DW Stadium.

On Catalans Dragons, Marshall said: “It’s an exciting fixture and we have a point to prove against Catalans after they did a job on us earlier in the year at home.

“We have been doing our work this week to see how we can combat those, and while we have to be ready for a tough and psychical side, we know what we need to do to execute our game plan.”

Matt Peet also looked ahead to Saturday’s game. Read the full Peet preview HERE. https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2023/05/ ... s-dragons/

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2023/06/ ... -to-prove/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Stanfax wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:24 pm Think he may have been referring to "Lady Madonna" at a guess Morley...
Ha, yes - but maybe I am the egg man?
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Stanfax

Post by Stanfax »

Quite possibly! But will Meds be along soon to claim to be the Walrus..?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Umpa, umpa, stick it up your jumper