Cats v Wigan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Barney841

Re: Cats v Wigan

Post by Barney841 »

I take back what I said last week, you can’t have two performances like that on the bounce. Yes we won last week but we’re by far the second best team on the day, we don’t have French playing we don’t win that game.
Players not to take a long look at themselves, been a few performances like this, this season. Club also need to look at themselves as well, bring in the right people coaching staff etc.
Peet isn’t a top coach we know that but for him to succeed you have to bring the right people in around him, not retiring players of the club
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

ddtftf wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:48 pm A big thank you to Liam Burn he gave 100% all the match time for Cane Cust & Powel to say good by & do Catalans not have a salary cap they just seem to get Aus players when ever they want one ???
I though cust did well at hooker, Powell was none existent.

In do question why both Field and Cust where brought back at the same time when we had O'Niel
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Caboosegg wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:52 pm
ddtftf wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:48 pm A big thank you to Liam Burn he gave 100% all the match time for Cane Cust & Powel to say good by & do Catalans not have a salary cap they just seem to get Aus players when ever they want one ???

In do question why both Field and Cust where brought back at the same time when we had O'Niel
My thoughts exactly. Don’t think either of them were match fit, felt abit sorry for Field thrown in at the deep end really
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I said this at the beginning of the thread.We have 2 great fullbacks.Unfortunately they both cant play fullback.Lets do the right thing and put jai back at 1 and bevan on the wing.Maybe give field the off game at 6 against weaker opposition but its the only way forward for me
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

ddtftf wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:48 pm A big thank you to Liam Burn he gave 100% all the match time for Cade Cust & Powel to say good by & do Catalans not have a salary cap they just seem to get Aus players when ever they want one ???
Catalan had less Aussies in their team than we did!!
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Barney841 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:58 pm

My thoughts exactly. Don’t think either of them were match fit, felt abit sorry for Field thrown in at the deep end really
I get the feeling with the chopping and changing Cust/Hampshire/O’Neill Matty peet doesn’t know what the best combo is
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
up the junction

Post by up the junction »

Peet is way out of his depth . He is the head coach not Tommy or Lockers so the buck stops with him . Play after play we make about 2 yards with one man standing start carries down the middle . No fight or urgency for yards at the play the ball like other teams do .and Forget about Smiths kicking I’m more worried about his passing . For a half he is know where near precise enough. For the last four games his passes are shite ( not every one ) but enough to be concerned.
As a team we don’t fight for each other and this needs sorting also .
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Barney841 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:51 pm I take back what I said last week, you can’t have two performances like that on the bounce. Yes we won last week but we’re by far the second best team on the day, we don’t have French playing we don’t win that game.
Players not to take a long look at themselves, been a few performances like this, this season. Club also need to look at themselves as well, bring in the right people coaching staff etc.
Peet isn’t a top coach we know that but for him to succeed you have to bring the right people in around him, not retiring players of the club
That won’t happen certainly not while Radlinski is involved. The idea that the club would decide to bring in additional coaching staff is a none starter because someone would have to make way. I am presuming here the club can’t afford to keep paying them all wages but I don’t think Radlinski has the guts or the will to say to himself it’s not working I need to act if that means sacking the likes of TL or Lockers.

This so called culture the club has us built around unproven coaches and because it’s such a tight nit group how do you replace anyone without upsetting the apple cart?

I honestly think IL needs to get rid of Radlinski and put someone in charge who can look it dispassionately and decide on what changes need making which I don’t believe Radlinski can. IL then needs to act on the recommendations whatever they are. No one should be immune from being replaced including Peet but to me it looks like they are.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

What stands out to me is we look completely clueless in attack despite having several threats

Remember waneball were we looked aimless when it wasn’t a break or an individual - but our defence was great

Then lam we again looked rudderless and the defence fell apart

With peet + briers we looked much slicker in attack

No briers left we look rudderless again

I can’t help feel that the inbred nepotism of wigans approach to coaching will ultimately stop us ever being a dominant team

What credentials do Tommy and lockers bring to help peet? What new ideas are going to come from people within the wigan walls
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

To much of the old boys network at Wigan