ITS ALL GOVERNED BY THE MEN IN GREY SUITES

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Stanfax

Re: ITS ALL GOVERNED BY THE MEN IN GREY SUITES

Post by Stanfax »

sherlock wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:16 pm
josie andrews wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:37 pm The club spent on Jake Wardle & Toby King, how can you say they have spent nowt?
HI JOSIE YOU GONE QUIET!!!

NO SH*T SHERLOCK...
sherlock

Post by sherlock »

Caboosegg wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:04 pm While everyone is entitled to an opinion this just shows how people can't look past a Facebook post for the real truth (not literally obviously In this case)

IL didn't say he wanted out, he's prepping for his kids to take over which will involve him taking a step back on some issues.

We brought in 2 centre and shifted on some player everyone wanted gone.

We improved contracts for player off Contract ensuring we had a settle core to our team and brought on a prop in Cooper (he wasn't planned for last year)

The salary cap hasn't changed again yet the cost of everything including players salaries has.
SAME FOR ALL THE TEAMS??
sherlock

Post by sherlock »

Stanfax wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:37 pm
josie andrews wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:37 pm The club spent on Jake Wardle & Toby King, how can you say they have spent nowt?
HI JOSIE YOU GONE QUIET!!!

NO SH*T SHERLOCK...
NOT NICE COMMENT! Just asking do you work for the club or the supporters? SIMPLE?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

sherlock wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:11 pm I DO NOT DO FACE BOOK!! YOU MUST DOOOO???

YOUR COMMENTS ARE BOTH NEGATIVE AND REPETATIVE.

DO YOU REALY THINK HIS KIDS WILL TAKE OVER??

WHY?? THN WE WILL NEVER BE GREAT AGAIN>
Why the feck are you shouting??
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

sherlock wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:51 pm
Stanfax wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:37 pm

HI JOSIE YOU GONE QUIET!!
NO SH*T SHERLOCK...
NOT NICE COMMENT! Just asking do you work for the club or the supporters? SIMPLE?
Nobody "works" for the supporters Sherlock. Please stop with the all caps posts.

IMO you're being unrealistic in a salary capped sport. I think you're asking for major mid season signings? When is the last time any club has achieved that? Arguably it was us when we avoided relegation but it came with a cost of salary cap penalties in following years.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

We do need more signings but unfortunately that’s easy said than done in a salary cap sport.
Also I know Rads goes to where he needs to go to look at players to sign and no I don’t think he’s the man to do this, I think we do need a change.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

sherlock wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:11 pm I DO NOT DO FACE BOOK!! YOU MUST DOOOO???

YOUR COMMENTS ARE BOTH NEGATIVE AND REPETATIVE.

DO YOU REALY THINK HIS KIDS WILL TAKE OVER??

WHY?? THN WE WILL NEVER BE GREAT AGAIN>
You missed the part where i put obviously not in this case. It was to point out people no longer look past a headline and make their entire opinions off the headline . In this case that statement is false and even if it wasn't we have had to upgrade other contracts.

You put further down that other teams do bring in players but those teams also had lots of players leave.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
DaiJones

Post by DaiJones »

I JuSt SeEN a 200 YEar OLD MAN AT MY BACk DOOR AND HE SAys LeNIGUN HAs DOne A DEaL wiTH a TEd DANSOn off CHeERs To ByE tHe ClUb ANd HE IS WORKING WItH ELTON MuSH To MAkE A TeaM of MiNd CoNTRol RObOTs TO TAkE OvER THE EaRTH. Aparuntly they’re KEEPING Sam POWELL at hooker THOuGh
Euclid

Post by Euclid »

DaiJones wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:28 am I JuSt SeEN a 200 YEar OLD MAN AT MY BACk DOOR AND HE SAys LeNIGUN HAs DOne A DEaL wiTH a TEd DANSOn off CHeERs To ByE tHe ClUb ANd HE IS WORKING WItH ELTON MuSH To MAkE A TeaM of MiNd CoNTRol RObOTs TO TAkE OvER THE EaRTH. Aparuntly they’re KEEPING Sam POWELL at hooker THOuGh
Made me laugh out loud, an unusual occurrence at this time of day….
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

GREY SUITES? I blame Farrow and Ball.