Wigan vs Saints match thread

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Suzieb

Re: Wigan squad for Saints

Post by Suzieb »

Do you not know king missed 9 tackles against Catalans which more often than not resulted in tries would you play him against saints?????
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Suzieb wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:34 pm I would play him at centre in place of king who is missing tackles for fun as I have previously stated on here
Him being who?

I'm gonna guess either French or Field which I just don't see being a good idea having either as a centre
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Suzieb wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:34 pm I would play him at centre in place of king who is missing tackles for fun as I have previously stated on here
I’d play Thornley.
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Eckersly or thornley
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

King flies in and leaves Miski isolated so he has to follow him which creates gaps that is why wire and Huddersfield do not want him
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

Suzieb wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:06 pm We need to play eckersly before he decides to move on
[/https://www.totalrl.com/wigan-warriors- ... -injuries/
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Suzieb wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:02 pm King flies in and leaves Miski isolated so he has to follow him which creates gaps that is why wire and Huddersfield do not want him
I know it's a trend to say our players are rubbish but atleast use less easy to disprove statements.

Hudds wanted wire said no to a permanent deal.

That doesnt scream unwanted.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/why-warr ... nts-58421/
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:46 pm
josie andrews wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:56 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:36 am I know Saints have had a bit of an upturn in form but they arent the team they have been and are more beatable even at full strength than they have been.

That said our form since the mid-season international has been poor we've not really been comfortable in any games. We know Powell will be 9 and Smith 6, but who plays 7 and backup 9 seems to alter every week, feels to me Peet is letting people have a go and stake a claim but no-one has really stepped up and made themselves an option

Personally id consider resting Smith - i feel like he is struggling and may just need a week on the sidelines to reset. I like Smith i think there is a decent superleauge standard half in there but he struggles with consistency, when he's good he can win a game, but he can be a liability with kicking both place and from hand.
Smith plays 7 scrum half 😊
He is number 7 but plays this season predominantly on the left which traditionally is where your stand off plays - though admittedly the roles of the 2 arent as defined in the modern game
That just isn’t true.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

I've developed a habit over many years of believing that we can improve in our next game, especially following a defeat. It doesn't always happen, of course, but it keeps me positive and happy in the build-up to the next game - call it the "always look on the bright side of life" approach.

It fell apart a bit in the 70s (? George Fairbairn era), when even I had to agree that we were . . . not good. But generally keeps me happy.

The bookies have this one at about 70%/30% in Saints favour, so I'll be deliriously happy if we win, and reasonably happy with a decent performance and a close game.

Everyone to their own.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:36 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:46 pm
josie andrews wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:56 pm

Smith plays 7 scrum half 😊
He is number 7 but plays this season predominantly on the left which traditionally is where your stand off plays - though admittedly the roles of the 2 arent as defined in the modern game
That just isn’t true.
George williams/Sam Tomkins/Blake green last 3 of our 6’s all played left

Most teams play split halves and more often than not the 7 plays on the right hand side the 6 the left

But as I say there is less difference in the role than there once was
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure