Beswick Testimonial Golf Day

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Beswick Testimonial Golf Day

Post by josie andrews »

Former Warrior Bob Beswick to host a golf day as part of his testimonial year.

Event takes place at Wigan Golf Club on Thursday 22 June.

Find out more about Bob Beswick’s testimonial year and events HERE.

Former Wigan Warriors hooker Bob Beswick has invited the rugby community to take part in his Testimonial golf day this month.

Wigan born Beswick, who came through the Warriors Academy before making 22 first team appearances between 2004-05, is asking fans to support his upcoming golf day as part of his Testimonial year.

Beswick has already hosted a sportsman’s dinner in which Warriors legend, Shaun Wane attended as a guest speaker, and most recently the former Ireland international held a ‘Bobbo’s Bingo’ ladies night.

However, this event, which takes place at Wigan Golf Club on Thursday 22 June, is extra special to Bob and his family, as all the funds raised on the day will be donated to a family member, who has recently been diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumour.

Speaking on the golf day, Beswick said: “This one means so much to me, and I’m looking for the rugby community to support in whatever way they can.

“Anyone that has clubs, can borrow a set, or even those who have never swung at a ball before, can take part. It’s all for something much more important than golf or rugby.”

The event is looking for teams of four to enter at a cost of £320 per team, however, individuals can also take part as well in what will be an action packed, fun-fuelled day.

The price includes: breakfast, refreshments, competitions – such as longest drive and closest to the pin – a raffle and an auction hosted by comedian Jamie Sutherland. There will also be a chance to collect autographs and take photos with rugby league stars past and present who will be in attendance.

The day is open for everyone to attend, and Beswick is encouraging all to do so: “People are welcome to come down and to just support the day without playing.

We will be accepting donations and there are also sponsorship opportunities which has been popular. Things like that are really useful, but other than that, we want people to just come down and enjoy what will be a special day.”

Beswick, who is the now lead Strength and Conditioning Coach at Widnes Vikings, is proud to be holding his Testimonial events in venues close to his heart.

He said: “Wigan Golf Club has a strong connection to myself as I done a lot of building renovation there with my Grandad when I was around 14-18, so it will be special going back to see the work we did there.

“My partner’s from Toronto and she always laughs about how I’ll defend Wigan until the day I die. I want every event I ever host to be in Wigan.”

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2023/06/ ... -golf-day/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan