Help me im a Geordie

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
WIGANMAD2001

Help me im a Geordie

Post by WIGANMAD2001 »

Hello fellow fans.
Let me start by saying that i live in Newcastle but have been a Wigan fan all my life and i absolutley love this RUGBY LEAGUE club to bits.

Here is my problem last year i only managed to get to 5 home games and every week i have to watch out for 'Boots and All' to see the game.
i was woundering if any one knew of any reasonble priced hotels so i can stop over night and travel home in the morning or if any one knows of any train deals around for the nexy couple of weeks

cheers
WIGANMAD2001
For Love Of The Game
pie eater and proud of it

What do you call reasonable?

Post by pie eater and proud of it »

What do you call reasonable? Prices I mean? Theres plenty of hotels about, I'll do some homework on them for you if you let me know how much you are looking to spend and on which nights etc.
wolftown warrior

same here!

Post by wolftown warrior »

hi wiganmad2001. i`m a wigan fan from the mids & i drive up to every home game, & i know what ur talking bout, it is a long drive back at 10pm at night,
i have travelled straight home on the last 2 games, but stayed at a travel in on the a49 just off the m6 juction 25, which is bout 5 mins from the jjb.

it was 39.95 i think per room, which i felt was reasonable.. but as for more local hotel/motel, u would need some local knowledge!! LOL

the only problem i have is getting on the m6 at jct 10 every friday night at 5-6 pm & making the drive up!
NIGHTMARE!.... bumper to bumper most of the time..

sorry if i wasn`t any help at all mate!! LOL

MattyB

Travel Inn - Wigan South

Post by MattyB »

http://www.travelinn.co.uk/TI/index.jsp?page=inn&id=220

Approx 1 mile from JJB
£ 44.95 per room per night
Form is temporary, Class is permanent.
wolftown warrior

thats it..

Post by wolftown warrior »

yup! that is the one i stayed in.. quite nice actually!!!

good info mattyb!
Dorsey

Places to stay?

Post by Dorsey »

You could have a look at www.wincotefarm.co.uk under 'Wigan' there are a few likely places listed at reasonable prices plus some B&B's. There are all contact details together with a map of where the places are. There is also the Council website www.wiganmbc.gov.uk - look under their tourism (?) section - they will also probably send you a street map if you ask them to. If none of these are any good sing out and I'll have another look around for you. Best of luck & safe journies
Dorsey

Re: Places to stay? Part 2

Post by Dorsey »

www.1st-4-rooms.co.uk lists hotels in Wigan with single rooms starting at £15 a night B&B - don't know what they're like cos I don't live in Wigan either.
North West Tourist Board has an office at Wigan Pier, you could always drop them an email at info@nwtb.u-net.com and ask them to recommend somewhere.
Hope this helps