DISGRACE!!!!!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wolftown warrior

DISGRACE!!!!!!!

Post by wolftown warrior »

just got back home to the mids from the jjb tonight & i am STILL fuming over the refereeing AGAIN!

we lost & we played bad, yeah, but how many things did he not call! 2 tries were from foward passes!...

i still can`t believe we lost to london AND a 16-0 lead....

i could say so many bad things right now.. but arrrgghhhh.. i just need to calm down!

bloomin team.... LOL

kirky

not quite disgrace, but not quite graceful

Post by kirky »

It was a pretty staggering loss, I can't yet beleive Moran intercepted TWICE!! The ref was a bit of a plonker, but that dosn't justify the defensive problems we have. Yes, our attackers mean we only just lose these matches, but thats what history records it as, a loss.

I'm not exactly looking forward to the Bullpoo at Huddersfield, but what can you do. You gotta be behind your team no matter what. I know, I'm also a Chorley fan!!!!! The atmos in S. Stand was pretty excellent, as my throat will bear testiment this morning, but why do fans round on their own with dismissive chants and put downs at the end of losing matches? That is when we need to be as supportive as poss. Come on the Lynx
Man and ball, man and ball!
Dorsey

London match

Post by Dorsey »

First 20 - 30 minutes were great and then I turned into Victor Meldrew but at the end of the day no matter what we think about who should have played or how they should have played these youngsters have taken on a heavy burden of playing for this great team and nerves and inexperience are showing at the moment and they don't have the luxury of a settling in period. No doubt our chairman will be after the head of the coach before so long - you know he who could do no wrong last year after we won the Challenge cup - but it is no use shooting the messenger. SR is not responsible for the situation we are in at the moment. We must all get behind the team - especially in the semi - and show all the doubters and pundits how wrong they are just like last year. Thought the drummers were in fine form last night as were the crowd especially with some dubious refereeing.
Come on the lads!
wolftown warrior

to right..

to right dorsey, thought our lot were BRILL last night, vocally, made loads of noise, & didn`t get on our lads backs, when we lost the lead,

agree with the other posts that, we have some many youngsters & that they have no bedding in period, but it seemed our seniors wern`t up for it last night, we played better when the lads were on!
lam had a bad un, worst i`ve seen him this year..

i am pleased we fought to the end & for those of us who stayed to the buzzer & gave the lads a huge cheer when we scored the last try right at the death ..it was MAGNIFICENT!

well done to all who turned up i thought the fans were ace!

captinjack

Size does matter

Post by captinjack »

The team were not a disgrace last night, the problem is the young lads are not big enough in build to take on any decent size of pack. Huddersfield is going to be interesting agianst the Bulls pack. But we have got to get behind these youngsters. I would rather see these youngsters who play with a little pride than those two has beens O'Niell and Ainscough, they should be sent packing. Don't let Raper be the scape goat, I think he is doing the best with what he has. Get to Huddersfield, and to he JJB on Good Friday. Two big games the lads need our support.
hopalong

That size thing

Post by hopalong »

Your spot captinjack, it is like little lads playing men, but what else have we got. We have to give these youngsters all our support, not like some so called fans last night who booed the lads of the pitch. Agree with the comments on Ainscough and O'Niell. Ainscough is about as much use as a one legged man in an arse kicking contest. Keep on supporting the team.
wolftown warrior

2 blokes behind me were on the young lads as soon as they kicked off, & then were soon out of there seats as soon as london got the second interception & took it for the try, calling for raper to get his p45.

not happy bout that at all.... i for sure stayed till the end & applauded our lads off the field...
i am SO in favor of letting the youth come through, & players like hock getting attention and acclaim is a good thing!

1 little point i wasn`t calling our display a disgrace in my original post, but the state of the officials,
EVERY game this year at the jjb, we have had the most dubbious calls!

i`m looking forward to the hull game cos at least we will have the replays & all that sky tv provide!

could someone please tell me WHY ( with the obv exception of cost!) the jumbo screens and video ref`s arnt compulsory at EVERY match?
it would make things clear cut & fair....
just something i had wondered???
Fraggle

referee

Post by Fraggle »

I'm afraid the ref was getting stuff wrong both ways. Watching the highlights last night, there were some dubious passes in Hodgy's try, even the last one to put the lad through. Some of their "forward" passes leading to tries actually weren't, particularly Andrew King's try before half time. I'll agree he helped them early on get some good positions, but London still had to work to score. Truth is, the refereeing standard is bad at the moment but it balances out for both teams.

Another truth is, the ref didn't intercept the ball twice to let Moran through. The ref didn't try tackling by making weak grabs at people's arms instead of going full-out for the ball. The ref didn't leave us with Lam as last man chasing Tony Martin for his try. On the left we had some bad vision and passing, on the right we had some appalling defence. Was PJ actually on the field in the 2nd half, because the number of times they broke through on his side without much effort was embarressing. Offloads all over the field were rife, some of the tackling was just dreadful (Terry Newton another major culprit) and overall it was a defensive disaster.

Kids or no, Raper needs to do some work on the training ground on the basics. We used to have the best defensive team in the game, even last couple of seasons, so what has changed. Were Farrell, Cassidy and Furner (and Harvey No-Yards) doing all the defense in the forwards?

Incidentally, before anyone asks, whilst I'm being critical I stayed until the end and cheered the lads off. I'm really glad to see the young one's play and hate the criticism of their skill but tactically and organisationally I think the team has got real problems, and that's the job of the senior players and coaching staff.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
wolftown warrior

true..

yes mate.. what u said rings true i guess..

not had chance to see the highlights yet, gotta wait till boot`s and all on thursday..

we were sloppy especially tackling... i knew we played bad, but i guess at the time of the incidents involving the ref`s, it was more palatable if we actuallyhad chance to see a replay or something.. ??

we do need to improve i totally agree, but we should have a balance of youth & experience & not to much of either...

good post fraggle...
gheinz

Disgrace!

Post by gheinz »

We where 16-0 up and still lost! What a mess. I agree that some of the refereeing calls where shocking but that is no excuse. Still Saints lost to Huddersfield! HA HA HA HA!