O Neil

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
chorleywarrior

O Neil

Post by chorleywarrior »

Just read this,What does everyone think?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 910037.stm
wanny

Re: O Neil

Post by wanny »

I think it is brilliant news (so long as we can keep hold of him until were kicked outta the challenge cup or win it). The guy is obviously on mega bucks at wigan and letting him go will possibly allow te club to sign a new player (a good alent from NFP) O'Neil only seems to play against saints and to be honest he will be no loss to the team. I think lammy will also bo saying goodbye end of this year so i think next year were gonna be able to sign a couple of new players.

Then again knowing our luck he'll go to widnes and be a world beater.
wolftown warrior

Re: Re: O Neil

Post by wolftown warrior »

read bout this in the paper this morning...
my options are open on him.. i think it would be good if he stayed but if he left, we could live without him..

as for lam, that is a different question, i think he is a quality player.. maybe not playing at his best at the mo`, but u can`t knock what he has done for us..
maybe when faz is back & he ain`t the captain, he will be able to play without the captaincy tag, which does way some players seem to either respond well or go the other way.... personally..
i would want him to stay..
hopalong

Post by hopalong »

Will vikings not take the other donkey Ainscough as well. Pair of has beens, and thats being kind. There are not so many @ JJB who'll miss then. Show them both the door. Good riddance to both of them.

On the subject of Lammy, class player, a little off form at moment, but will come back.
Paul Howard

Post by Paul Howard »

I think we have seen the best from O'Niell and should be paying someone a bit younger. As for Ainscough, I think he was a great addition when he arrived, but he seems like a different guy this year. He looks slow and real tired. I would be deffinately thinking of off loading him. As for Lam, I really wish he would stay. He is a player of real class who thrives from our support and playing the game. He will be a big loss.
warriorjon

Post by warriorjon »

he has signed for definate i have this from a source within the Widnes Club he will either not play for the club again or friday will be his last game but i doubt it as Widnes want him to play on Sunday.
AJ

Post by AJ »

according to bbc online the deal has hit a snag, widnes havin a full quota and not being able to release steve carter being the problem
Tipstar Champion 2002 !!!