Marty Hulme

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Glynola

Marty Hulme

Post by Glynola »

We need him back more than ever!

Absolutely crazy that we let him leave. Nigel IJ is sadly lacking in all areas, not good enough for Wigan.

With so many young players coming through we need a top class strength and conditioning coach to facilitate their development, and NIJ is just not good enough for me.

Also still can't work out why Billy McGinty, such a promising coach, was also allowed to leave.
Everything they do is so dramatic and flamboyant. It just makes me want to set myself on fire!
John M

Re: Marty Hulme

Post by John M »

No doubt they left because they had better offers money wise.Which leaves me once again pointing the finger at Lindsay/Whelan.Why the hell cant he pay for the absolute best backroom staff for Wigan whilst he cant spend his money on players?

I have never rated NIJ but when i said this a while back someone said there mate played for the under 18's or summat and NIJ is miles better than Marty Hulme.Apparently NIJ works them to the bone! Still,i do not have much faith in him,our fitness and strength have gone out the window since Marty Hulme left.
Monie is God!

Long live Monie the king!!
DaveO

Re: Re: Marty Hulme

Post by DaveO »

A lot of players seem basically unfit to me. Newton is one for example.

Our support play does not exist and I reckon its as much lack of fitness being unable to keep up as much as anything.

I remember when Inga first came and he was sent running up Rivington Pyke to get him fit enough.

Newton needs the same treatment IMO.

Is there any individual fitness work done like this anymore? Is it up to the players themselves to look after themselves in this dept? Because if it is, some of them won't I am sure being a bit too fond of the beer.

Does NIJ spend all his time on strength conditioning or what?

Dave