how did we get on?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wolftown warrior

how did we get on?

Post by wolftown warrior »

i`m at work.. which sux!
and i am just desperate to know how we got on!
i finish in like 20 mins but i thought someone may have posted before now...

i`m just waiting for folx to report in!! LOL

wolftown warrior

Re: how did we get on?

just got home & checked the text!!!!

RESULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what a way to start me easter!!!!!!! bloomin brilliant!

wanna hear some reports from u guys who went, i`m off to watch it on tape..!!!
well done lads!!!
FANTASTIC

MrsLam

Re: Re: how did we get on?

Post by MrsLam »

reports!!!! it was aceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee n i hate usin that word
what a match! atmosphere was brill n we did sooooooooooooo well :) ya could see the determination on their faces n when whittle dropped that ball he looked so :( aww
cant stop smilin
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Dorsey

Re: Re: how did we get on?

Post by Dorsey »

Oh my God what a match you missed - it was worth going just to see the smile on Carney's face at the end. What a game, what a team, what a result, it was incredible just like Marrayfield all over again when no-one gave us a prayer. Almost impossible to choose a mom they all ran their blood to water. Never seen SR so emotional running on the pitch hugging all the players. We had a bit of a mix up with our tickets this week and ended up with a mixture of Wigan and Stains supporters and they were having a great time in the first half and we were half wondering what we might have to endure in the second half but needn't have worried cos our team were simply MAGNIFICENT and so were the crowd, and so was the weather and so was .................well everything it was just an unforgettable afternoon, we've come home and watched it again and may even go and have another look. What a game to miss, your boss is a cruel man.
wolftown warrior

Re: Re: Re: how did we get on?

yes mate... gutted is my word for it!!!!
sounds fantastic!!!!

watched the tape of the game this aft, which was cool, but could have been nothing compared to being there!!

well done to everyone, all the players & the FANS who got behind the lads from the start!
seems to me we have got more vocal as the season has gone on, which is great!
chuffed we won though!!!

( and yes my boss is a !2£&*"£ but that is another story!!! LOL) i think it is cos he likes union!
hopalong

Re: Re: Re: Re: how did we get...

Post by hopalong »

Carney's face was great, but the look on Millwards face was better.
MrsLam

Re: Re: Re: Re: how did we get...

Post by MrsLam »

I reckon we could put bets on how long its gunna take before millward starts comin up with exscuses like "there were a lot of controversial decisions" erm yea, like the fact that you had about 10 forward passes n carried on. GRRRRRRRR HE REALLY DOES MY HEAD IN :@.
I also watched the match again later on n how sad does poor little stevo sound, boohoo :'(. Soft yorkshire get

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Dorsey

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: how did we...

Post by Dorsey »

Interesting reading on Saints fans forum tonight and not just about this match. My adrenalin hasn't calmed down yet and as regards Stevo at least Kevin Brown has got a watch out of him, its unfair to single players out from a performance like that but Kev Brown and Shaun Briscoe where everywhere and Carney wasn't going to lie down for anyone, brilliant.
John M

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: how di...

Post by John M »

I still cannot believe the result.I never thought we would win today.I dont think even the most die hard fan thought we would win deep down inside.My MOM was Craig Smith.No one can question his commitment after todays display,he ran his blood to water in attack and he was like a bull in defence.He really did recapture his form that he showed in Australia when everyone feared him.Apart from him though the rest of the team where not far behind.Every single player was fantastic.I could talk about Carneys powerful runs,i could talk about Newtons trys,i could talk about Lam constantly probing them down the middle but that would be unfair because every single player deserves a mention.

One thing that has been bugging me all day though.What happened to the Saints fans who never stop singing? I couldnt hear a f*c*in thing from the scouse end for the deafening wall of noise that we made.Fantastic win lads,well done.
Monie is God!

Long live Monie the king!!
MrsLam

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ho...

Post by MrsLam »

OI YOU cheeky, I said yesterday to ya that we'd win :P n i believed it, i got a few funny looks this mornin when i said we're gunna win ya kno!!! yea well suck on my little finger you lot :P

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!