Crowds at JJB

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
100% Warrior

Crowds at JJB

Post by 100% Warrior »

I'm sure we will all agree that the atmosphere at yesterday's game was one of the best since the Warriors moved to JJB.

What do you think the club should be doing to increase attendance figures and improve the atmosphere on a matchday.

I think they should take another look at the music they use pre-match, it isn't exactly spine tingling. You need music which gets both the players and supporters pumped up for the game.

Anybody got any suggestions for music which could be played.
wanny

Re: Crowds at JJB

Post by wanny »

I agree i was in the east stand and it was a really good atmosphere, I think the club should choose new songs which get you going however i didnt need music for that yesterday! ;o)

Attendance hopefully will improve following the saints game as the lads gave it there all again just like they did against Bradford. What i want to see is more part time attenders watching, youve got a hardcore 5,000 or so who go to every game and then the rest might only get to a few games a season we need to get these partial attenders in for more games dont ask me how coz most of them are the main moaners and are never happy?

AJ

Re: Re: Crowds at JJB

Post by AJ »

best atmosphere @ stadium without doubt

the east stand was rocking

still far to many stay away wigan fans though!
Tipstar Champion 2002 !!!
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

One idea to increase crowds especially for matches against teams such as Huddersfield, Halifax and Wakefield would be if the club introduced some form of voucher scheme.

Non-season ticket holding supporters could be issued with a card and if they attend matches like these they would receive a voucher.

Should the fan reach a certain number of vouchers collected over the season they could join season ticket holders in jumping the queue for Grand Final tickets should the Warriors qualify.

This may help increase crowd figures for the lesser watched games.

I also know there is still a problem with some people over the move to JJB from Central Park, it's in the past now and we should move on but the club could attempt to introduce some sort of bus service from the Central Park location to JJB this may attract more fans.
pieeater

Post by pieeater »

We don't live in England any more but wow! what an atmosphere there was on Friday - you could just tell the difference from the vocal support you could hear on Sky - it's so good to hear the Wigan fans again - I really hope the part timers start coming back and get behind them - the team really deserve the support
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
MrsLam

Re: Re: Crowds at JJB

Post by MrsLam »

Glad you could hear us, i kno this might seem a bit paranoid but there have been matches with good atmospheres before n you avent been able to hear us, is this summat do wih our stadium or is it certain sky people mesin with the sound?? I kno there avent been many games with as gooda atmosphere as fridee but thereve been a few close.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
pieeater

Re: Re: Re: Crowds at JJB

Post by pieeater »

Guess we wuz just wrapped up in the euph - eufor - atmosphere of the game!!!! we so didn't expect what we saw - they were just amazing - we've watched it 3 times since - and even know the commentary off by heart now - how sad is that!!!! remembering Stevo's every quote!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
MrsLam

Re: Re: Re: Re: Crowds at JJB

Post by MrsLam »

ha how sick was he, he wanted bring us down for everythin, negative lil creep!! o n apparently we played saints at knowsley road on fridee, shows how much he knows.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!