Prop Crisis

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Prop Crisis

Post by Mike »

Have you seen todays League Express there's an article which says Mark Hilton will not play at all this season.The club have done some x-rays and his arm has not healed properly since breaking it playing for the Wire. Therefore, he needs an op to fix the problem.Why wasn't this picked up on his medical before he signed, we now have a player who is totally useless for this season.Also Cowie has had an op on his groin, how are we going to cope with only two recognised prop forwards.I think the club will have to dig deep into the coffers and sign someone.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Prop Crisis

Post by Mike »

hilton is a joke-simple as that!!i can not express my disgust at signing mark hilton-the worst signing since doc murray.What must world class players like renouf/johns etc think when we are signing jokers like hilton?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

If he won't play this season he won't play at all as he is only on a one year deal.Hilton is one of those players who could be very good if he could keep injury free. A bit like Nigel Wright. But if this story is correct there is no way we should have signed Hilton.As to props - we have three Cowie , O'Connor and Stephenson. You never know, shock horror, the club could try bringing a young prop from the A team in.Dave
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Paying for it

Post by Mike »

Just read on the web that Lindsay is quoted as saying Wigan will pay for the treatment!So it sounds as if he is crocked.What are the club playing at?If they see him as a long term bet, why offer a one year deal?If they don't, why sign a player who will be out for the season AND pay for his treatment?Dave
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I agree totally with john. Mark hilton is a complete and utter joke! why wigan even considered signing him i will never know.Most importantly wigan have released him!it's in the paper - Mark Hilton IS no longer a wigan memeber!!!! YES!!!!!!!!unlucky for him breaking his arm but the bottom line is that he will never be wigan calibre!!they have released him because his arm hasn't healed up properly - no wonder he's broke it three times!Now the most important thing is to get a world class prop in, E.G - Shane Webke!We need 4 props definetley so we can rotate them throughout the season.We can't go in the season without 4 props!!!!!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Paying for it

Post by Mike »

I am also unavailable for next season, due to being past it and having a crook knee. Any chance of a nice fat contract, Mo?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Re: Prop Crisis

Post by Mike »

We need a prop, buy an Aussi or Kiwi. Its all some people ever say. Look at the bigger picture for a change. Cowie, O'Connor, Stephenson (what I saw of him playing for England looked promising). Thats three. Maybe the fourth is planned to come from our lower ranks. Wouldn't that be better? Wouldn't that be cheaper?I for one disagree with having Lam off the quota. Its getting beyond joke the number of Aussi's all the teams in SL have.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Re: Prop Crisis

Post by Mike »

Lets be fair to Mark Hilton here! The lad must be gutted, he signed for his home town team thinking a big season coming his way and this happened.Maybe Maurice shouldn't have signed him, maybe the medical should have been more comprehensive, but that doesn't help Hilton.He must be gutted right now, I for one wish him all the best, and hope one day he can leave his injuries behind and get back out onto the pitch.I reckon there was far more to his signing then playing 1st team rugby. You only have to listen to young lads like Mark Smith talk about the amount he gained from training and playing with Mark Reber to understand there's a whole lot more to some signings than 80 minutes rugby once a week.We do have some very talented young props, but I reckon the likes of Ricky Bibby need at least another 12 months Alliance/NFP rugby before coming into the 1st team, these young props would learn alot with the likes of Mark Hilton around, shame it didn't work out.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Re: Re: Prop Crisis

Post by Mike »

what,learn how to break a bone??
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐