Re: Ainscough to go????

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

IMHO Ainscough has underperformed whilst at Wigan. At first, it was maybe down to him being played out of position in the centres, but this season he is back on the wing so that is no longer an excuse.

Its interesting to see that Stuart Raper openly critised Ainscough for not supporting Briscoe when he made his mistake against Warrington. I also noticed this, that Ainscough just pointed at the ball and when Briscoe came across Ainscough stopped running. He was overtaken by the Warrington chasers who scored after Briscoe split the ball. Ainscough could easily have got back before the chasers, but he backed off.

I think his time at Wigan should be brought to an end.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
woody

Post by woody »

I think taht ainscough has been one of wigan's worst ever buys. He doesnt seem to put any effort in when he is playing. He never runs forward when hes got the ball and runs around like a headless chicken in defence. I would much rather have young Kevin Brown in the team at least he goes loking for the ball. Time for Jamie to go home!!
John M

Re: Re: Ainscough to go???? ...

Post by John M »

Of course Brett Dallas has been one of Wigans best signings hasnt he? Ainscough has done far more for Wigan in his short time here than Dallas has in his long time here.For starters,Dallas is rarely ever fit and when he is he never comes looking for the ball and only touches it once or twice a match.
Monie is God!

Long live Monie the king!!
buddy

Re: Re: Ainscough to go???? ...

Post by buddy »

Ainscough has been the worst Wigan buy. His defence is terrible, and under the high ball he's appalling. When he picks the ball up from a kick through, be time he has made his mind up what to do, he gets tackled.
What a waist of money he is.
rach15

Re: Re: Re: Ainscough to go???...

Post by rach15 »

Reply to John M,
Whats wrong with Dallas i think he's a great winger. Last year up until he got injured he was our top try scorer scoring 1 try more or less every game he started 20 games last year (including both CC and SL) and scored 15 tries!

If i had to put my money on a player scoring a try i'd put it on Dallas!
O'loughlins number 1 fan!!
AJ

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ainscough ...

Post by AJ »

the worrying thing about ainscough for me is his mental state whilst playing the game, whilst the team were stretching and warming up last night, he was over the other side of the field playing catch with himself!!

i just dotn feel when watching the game htat he is even remotely concentrating, which i feel is why he makes mistakes and gets so much criticism

cause he certainly is fast, big and strong enough to be a superb winger, but theres sommat costin him and i think its his concentration...ie...there is non!
Tipstar Champion 2002 !!!
rach15

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ainscough ...

Post by rach15 »

I never said that Dallas was the best winger in the world all i said was that I.M.O he is a great winger and u obviously don't agree with that but you have to admit that when he plays he is good and will probably score a try!!

Its not his fault if he gets injured is it?

Back onto the Ainscough point, everyone was saying this last year and then during the summer he peaked and played very well, if you give him a bit of time he will probably begin to play like he did in the summer last season i don't think he is the worst ever player wigan have bought!
O'loughlins number 1 fan!!
Dorsey

Ainsco...

Post by Dorsey »

Personally I like the guy and think he's so laid back he is horizontal. As for underperforming since he has been here I think we sometimes expect too much and while thats not necessarily a bad thing these guys are only human. There was only Rads got more tries than him last year, he scored as many as both Adrian Lam and Andy Farrell that despite missing the end of the season through that freak injury that almost cost him his arm. He is pretty unothodox and I just loved that try against Saints last year when he went over on his back, that wasn't just luck. Lets not do a Julian O'Neill on the fella cos look how happy O'Neill has appeared since he went to Widnes, he looks happy and has played well. That might just be because he is valued there and not being told he is useless all the time, after all how many blokes on here can honestly say that they can perform well (at anything!) if they are constantly being told they are rubbish at that particular thing? Get behind him just like all the other players and lets help them believe in themselves, that way we might just get to OT in November. Lecture over, enjoy your Sunday everyone!
feeona

Re: Ainsco...

Post by feeona »

I think hes a waste os space. Julian O'Neill was a far better player yet he went. Shame he had off filed probs. But ainscough, hes lazy, never runs for loose balls, never a supporting player, never tries to retrieve a possible 40 20 and for defence well thats even worse. What defence? Never jumps for a kick, doesnt support his other defending team mates. Get rid, I'd rather have no one on the wing than him. The number of times the trie line is beckoning and he stops and runs the other way! Sheer fear strikes when i see him with ball in hand. Give the young lads a go and get htis has been on a plane back to australia
OJ

Re: Re: Ainsco...

Post by OJ »

I hear he also speaks well of you
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.