Faz

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
rach15

Faz

Post by rach15 »

I thought last night that Faz played fantastic or should i say faztastic for someone who has just come back from injury to play for the full 80 mins thats one thing but to show so much courage kicking the penalty to level the scores for us and then winning the game for us with a great drop goal-giving Lee Briers a taste of his own medicine!!

Also thought Mick Cas had a great match as well!

What does everyone else think?
O'loughlins number 1 fan!!
johnsons_babexx

Re: Faz

Post by johnsons_babexx »

I thought farrell didnt particularly have a good game last night. At one point i think that he shouldnt of even been on the pitch. He was blowing out of his backside! Ok he hasnt played for 3 months but he definatly wasnt 100% fit and should of come off to make way for a younger lad with fresh legs! And as for the play we went back to the same old wigan boring cos everything went through farrell.

I say bring back the kids they played with more pride and enthusiasm and they were EXCITING!!!!!
Officially PJ'sNo.1.Fan!!

1/3 of the original Nobby's girls - we have the t-shirts to prove it!!!!!

John M

Re: Re: Faz

Post by John M »

johnsons_babexx posted:
I thought farrell didnt particularly have a good game last night. At one point i think that he shouldnt of even been on the pitch. He was blowing out of his backside! Ok he hasnt played for 3 months but he definatly wasnt 100% fit and should of come off to make way for a younger lad with fresh legs! And as for the play we went back to the same old wigan boring cos everything went through farrell.

I say bring back the kids they played with more pride and enthusiasm and they were EXCITING!!!!!
I thought he was alreet,obviously not as fit as usual but i agree with Johnsons babe.I thought Farrell again soaked up alot of our possesion and wasted it with some dumb passes and blunt attack down the left.However,he did very well to drop that goal and if he hadnt been on the field we may of lost the game in the end.

He should be thrust straight into the second row and let Graham show him how a real Loose Forward should play the game.
Monie is God!

Long live Monie the king!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

The above gets my vote for silliest and most predictable comment of the season.

Before the game I said on rlfans.com that I expected he would get some stick but I was pleasantly surprised to find on that message board nothing but positive things being said about his game. I knew I wouldn't be let down somewhere.

So you want to bring back the kids in place of Farrell? Well I am sure every other coach in the league would love it if you were in charge.

I could not go to the Wire game but this is the first negative comment I have read about Farrell and I have also read others that say he played well, did NOT hog posession and then of course you have coaches like Cullen singing his praises.

I think I'll go with those myself given he played for 80 mins after a three month layoff and dropped the winning goal (BTW don't know if you noticed but our drop goal attempts in recent games have been a bit pathetic).

Dave

wolftown warrior

Re: Re: Re: Faz

Post by wolftown warrior »

he played well mate, i don`t know what others want, but he did everything he had to!
it will take a few games for him to be back fully but personally i think he was good..
100% Warrior

Re: Faz

Post by 100% Warrior »

Have to say that even though Faz did kick the winning drop goal he had an ordinary performance.

I do realise that Andy has had a long layoff, as a result wouldn't he have been better starting from the bench due to his lack of match fitness.

I'm in agreement with previous posts who point out that with Faz back in the side we went back to our normal gameplan (YAWN!!).

At least with the kids in the side there was some flair about our play. I agree that Faz should be moved to 2nd Row, let Nick Graham play loose forward.

I don't think that Nick has had a poor game since he came to the club, and for someone to fit in like he has without knowing the other players is impressive.

A big pat on the back is deserved for Shaun Briscoe as well for responding so well to his early mistake.
AJ

Post by AJ »

100% Warrior posted:I'm in agreement with previous posts who point out that with Faz back in the side we went back to our normal gameplan (YAWN!!).
be careful my son, normally people who state this argument, get hung drawn and quarted with no opportunity for a denfence. its adorned these boards for 2 years, and people still wont see each others arguments. im keepin my views on it to myself from now on, because WHICHEVER side you sit on you cant win.

lets jus be glad he is back from injury and its another body we can get on the field every week, the injuries where becoming a joke!
Tipstar Champion 2002 !!!
DaveO

Re: Re: Re: Faz

Post by DaveO »

AJ posted:
be careful my son, normally people who state this argument, get hung drawn and quarted with no opportunity for a denfence.
Are you talking about the Farrell debate or the Ainscough debate - get my drift?

For those wondering what I am on about the debate about Ainscough has been going on almost along but if you dare suggest Ainscough is less than good you can be equally assured a swift and vociferous response.

Yet some who will defend Ainscough like that seem to have no problem being negative about Farrell and have a go at him in the same way they accuse others of moaning about Ainscough. Has Farrell been blamed for Ainscoughs reportedly poor performance v Wire yet?

It seems some players can never do anything right.

Dave
AJ

Re: Re: Re: Re: Faz

Post by AJ »

im talkin bout both dave im sick of hearin em both

faz = wigan captain, n superb ball running forward

ainscought = pacey wigan, mentally worrying imo

BOTH WEAR CHERRY 7 WHITE & THEREFORE GET TOTAL BACKING FROM ME!
Tipstar Champion 2002 !!!
John M

Re: Re: Re: Re: Faz

Post by John M »

DaveO posted:
Yet some who will defend Ainscough like that seem to have no problem being negative about Farrell and have a go at him in the same way they accuse others of moaning about Ainscough. Has Farrell been blamed for Ainscoughs reportedly poor performance v Wire yet?

It seems some players can never do anything right.

Dave
I have never seen any posts saying Farrell is as useful as a one legged man in an arse kicking contest.Neither have i seen any posts calling for Farrell to be sold halfway through his contract.Ive seen both for Ainscough though.I have also never seen any postings saying that Ainscough played poorly because of Farrell.I have seen postings debating Farrells best position which IMO is second row.I dont rate him at all at loose forward and just for the record i dont rate Ainscough at all at centre.

Of course,im not going to start the debate about Farrell hogging possesion etc,last time i did that i had my foot soldiers behind me and there not here now.....
Monie is God!

Long live Monie the king!!