against halifax

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
rugbynelly

against halifax

Post by rugbynelly »

WELL DONE THE LADS
Iv got to say tto nights was a great performance once we got going, i no halifdax aren't a "strong" team but they gave us a fight for the first 20!
I also think russle smith totally wore off in the 4th quater he had had a good game up till then but detereated!
what are your views??
NeL NeL
kimmorley 2004
theres only 1 team in wigan
DaveO

Re: against halifax

Post by DaveO »

Well I thought we were poor in the first half and should have scored about 80 given the posession and field position we had throughout the game.

We just didn't look like a team for most of the first half and made quite a few errors such as no one being behind Ainscough to pick up the PTB. Now that really is bad.

When you consider Halifax had Davidson in the sin bin and no sooner does he come back on than another 'Fax player gets 10 mins, we spent quite a chunk of the first half v 12 men and still managed to look like we didn't know how to finish off a move.

Graham was making breaks for fun and there NO support. The suport play was just downright poor.

Now the second half for the most part was a different kettle of fish. I thought Carney was unlicky to be dissallowed a try almost from kick off for a forward pass (and same again for another later on) but we just tore them to shreds.

True, Davidson went to the bench for another 10 mins along with Newton for fighting (that got the crowd going) but we were also at 12 men so it was even. Kev Browns interception and swan dive for his first try for the senior squad was great but what about Cassidy storming down the pitch swotting off players like flies? That set up Browns third try.

By the end of the game with Lam withdrawn for the last 20 mins we sort of reverted to the poor first half display but I reckon Mr. Smith was partly to blame having lost the ability to spot a forward pass from anything in a blue and white shirt.

I see Tony Anderson is moaning about Davidson's second sin-binning well apart from Russell Smith and the touch judge he must have been the only person in the ground not to see the cheap shot Davidson put in on the tackled player on the ground - which was either Brown or Hock I think, can't remember. Newton decided to give Davidson some of his own back.

Dave
wolftown warrior

Re: Re: against halifax

Post by wolftown warrior »

true ref was obv not calling forward passes once we had a huge lead, ( would he have called em if he had been on telly? i think he would have..)
i felt bad for carney two brilliant try`s both called back.....

should have put the game away early, but u knew that by half time we had the game sewn up..
would like to see us push for the full 80... we could have reached 70 points with ease....

thought we were exellent though..
gonna be a battle on fri!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OJ

Re: Re: Re: against halifax

Post by OJ »

..........and talking of Friday which ref have Leeds selected?
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

AJ

Re: Re: Re: Re: against halifa...

Post by AJ »

i would suspect it will be ganson, with smith controlling against saints the week later, but then again ganson ref'ed at headingly so we could get russell

or even ian smith or kirtzpatrick, both of whom seem to be gettin some bigger ganmes this year
Tipstar Champion 2002 !!!