Re: Friday night games

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

3000 season tickets sold

Post by Mike »

3000 season tickets have been sold so far according to this week's Wigan Observer. We've just got ours and, rather worryingly, they're edged in black!! As far as the furthest-flung supporters are concerned, let's hope that Sky pick Wigan for some of their Saturday night games.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Friday night games

Post by Mike »

If you bothered to read the rest of the posting you will see the words "if the attendances drop". If you want to quote me, try quoting the whole sentance will you.I'm not trying and convisting Mo yet, just asking the question will he correct the problem if there is one? If the attendances stay the same or increase then I've just got to accept I'll have to follow another team in future if I want to watch live rugby. There is one negative about this kick off time change if nothing else, it's got a large section of the fans squabbling between themselves. There hasn't been as much arguement in the club since the sack JR debate.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Re: 3000 season tickets sold

Post by Mike »

I remain very suspicious about the figures coming out of Wigan RL as regards season ticket sales.As you effectivley say though, who knows what they would have been had Sunday games been retained. There would have been at least one extra from this household for a start.The other thing to remember is that with sales of 3000, season ticket holders are a MINORITY part of the crowd when you consider last seasons average was over 9000.So its not just the reaction of season ticket holders the club need to consider but all the fans. I am sure there are many who make the occaisional trip to live games who are not season ticket holders who won't be able to make games at all next season.Dave
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Re: 3000 season tickets sold

Post by Mike »

It was announced last night at the Riversiders season ticket sales are 400 up this year on last years figures.The annoying thing is that if the figures are higher than last year the club will say Friday nights are a good thing, shame we'll never know what the sales would be like with some Sunday matches thrown in!Must admit I went watching Chorley on Sunday and ok the standard is miles appart from Super League, it does have a lot of plus points. All teams kick off at 3pm Sunday, the players arn't primadonas, there's no hype just Rugby League. And it was nice watching a game on what would otherwise have been a dull December afternoon. May be Super League could look at the NFP and try pinching some of there idea's.......after all they seem to be surving without TV money or 5 imports, how many Super League clubs could do the same!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 3000 season tickets sold

Post by Mike »

Without Sky we would still have RL just in a very different format! Most of the big name players would have gone to Union, but the core base and the sheer love for the game would have remained, who knows it might not have been as skillful for a few years, but the game would have lived on! And maybe gone in a better direction than the one its heading in know!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐