Re: Friday night games

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

My My. How long did it take you to think that helpful little post up?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Friday night games

Post by Mike »

Deal with it!!!!Games will be on a Friday night, there's no point keep going on about it!!Get over it already!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I have dealt with it, along with many others I'll go watching rugby at another club that plays games at a sensible time! I'd prefer to give my money to Wigan, but if they don't want it there's plenty of clubs that do.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I know it's been a year or few since I was at school, but what on earth does "get over it already" mean?Perhaps if the club decided they were going to relocate to Saint Helens (I know it's a totally unrealistic suggestion which will NEVER happen!), you'd just accept that as a done decision and not complain about it? We pay a lot of money to the club, and they'd struggle without money being pledged in advance via season tickets, so we're entitled to have our say.Fraggle
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Have the wigan board thought about any fans that have to come up or down the M6 to get to games I live in stafford (born in wigan) AND i REGULARLY conme up to watch the warriorshoweverwith the M6 traffic on a friday this isn't possible for me anymore and so I am relagated to watching them on sky which isn't as good asd watching them live.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Re: Friday night games

Post by Mike »

In risk of boring everyone, I've made this point several times. The club don't realise how many people travel from all over the country to watch the team. By eliminating them from day one of the season, they'll have to make up at least that number BEFORE they see an increase in attendances. Question is will big Mo be man enough to see he's got it wrong and change back to Sundays the following season if attendances drop? It'll be curious to see if they have resold all the returns in season tickets, and if they have sold more on top of that figure, as a result of the change. I suspect not, but I could be wrong.Anyone heard how sales are going now?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Re: Re: Friday night games

Post by Mike »

Look Andy, you cannot say that Mo has "got it wrong" until you get some evidence i.e gate figures.Talk about guilty until proven innocent.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Re: Re: Re: 3000 season tickets sold

Post by Mike »

An unfortunate fact of the recent past is that without Sky we probably wouldn't have had a game for people to go to. I agree that sometimes they don't seem to have the best interest of the fans who go to games rather than (or, as well as) watching on Sky, but they've been a necessary evil.Much as I'd prefer RL to be broadcast on terrestrial telly rather than Sky, the BBC would likely prefer 3pm on Saturdays (due to lack of other sport for them to televise) which is not ideal for many working folk. Also Saturdays would clash with most (all?) of the amateur game, which would remove a large part of the audience (another good reason not to have SL on Friday nights, I suppose, is that many rugby fans like a drink before/during/after a live game, but if you're playing the next day you can't have *too* many...!)Fraggle
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Re: Friday night games

Post by Mike »

Although I don't make regular jaunts to Wigan because of the distance, (I try to get and see the top games) I doubt that I will be able to make any home games this year unless I take a day off work. It's bad enough that a journey from Poole in Dorset takes best part of 5 hours when it's not on a Friday. I dread what it would be like now that it is on a Friday.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Re: Re: 3000 season tickets sold

Post by Mike »

u no what. i was wonderin what it would b like without sky. i bet that u would get rid of half of the arm chair supporters, maybe more. i just think that it's sad that ppl only want 2 go 2 a game if it's not on sky!!!!rousey....
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐