terry newton

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Re: terry newton

Post by DaveO »

warriorjon posted:
Dont think he will be wigan captain and i also dont think he should be. His role in the team seems to have become more of the enforcer and he is obviously respected in the dressing room but just think the fact that he would rather use his fists or that bit of niggle he has in him would prevent him from captaining the team on a regullar basis, maybe with injuries etc. Also think that if he were to calm down in an attempt to gain the capitancy that he game would suffer. Let him continue in his current role give the captaincy to someone more disciplined, in a few years time the way Scully is going think he is a more likely candidate.
Very good points. There is a fine dividing line between being a thug anf giving penalties away and being hard and this season Newton so far has got it spot on IMO. Being captain might turn him into a mouse!

I'll admit to not being his biggestfan after last season and early on this time as he seemed to turn his back on the PTB if not involved and look a bit out of it IMO. Last season with the court case maybe he could be excused but at the start of this I wasn't so sure.

Well he has turned that around and I am looking forward to a big game from him v his ex-club on Friday.

Dave