terry newton

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
AJ

terry newton

Post by AJ »

has been superb for us through all the injuries, he is just so fired up all the time and always gives 100%. temper has been good to , well until him and mr davidson erm wwel erm since terry smacked 7 bells out of davidson

i know he is a good few yrs younger than faz, so maybe jus maybe, once faz has hung up the boots, maybe we have the nxt wigan captain there..?
Tipstar Champion 2002 !!!
100% Warrior

Re: terry newton

Post by 100% Warrior »

Have to say AJ I totally agree with you.

Terry has been outstanding this season, not just with his own performances but with the way he's guided the youngsters who have come into the team.

Even more outstanding when you consider Terry is only in his mid-20's himself.

Yes, Terry Newton for Wigan captain when Fazza no longer holds the job.
Deltic3

Re: Re: terry newton

Post by Deltic3 »

Here Here.

Terry embodies everything about the club - he is young, determined and gives 100% every week ( he also likes abit of fisty cuffs!!!! ).

Long may he stay at Wigan
wolftown warrior

Re: Re: Re: terry newton

Post by wolftown warrior »

yep.. here here...
OJ

terry newton

Post by OJ »

I'll drink to that. Pity it wasn't Terry that Calderwood shoved in the back the other week when he was acting like a spoilt kid, Mr Calderwood might have been spread over various parts of Yorkshire by now.
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

WIGANMAD2001

Post by WIGANMAD2001 »

I totally agree with all of you it just shows how much of a detemined individual he is, after getting nocked back by so many injurys and coming back and delivering perfomance like he has done recently shows a true profesional.
For Love Of The Game
AJ

Re: Re: terry newton

Post by AJ »

and odds on to start for GB @ number 9 in the autumn as well, dont want mouthy lowes or keiron the crock playing
John M

Re: Re: Re: terry newton

Post by John M »

Newton is a better all round player than Cunnigham IMO.I dont need to state reasons,Terry is a better play IMO and ive said it for a while.

Cunningham is a fat prop but hes to injury prone to play in the front row.
Monie is God!

Long live Monie the king!!
AJ

Re: Re: Re: Re: terry newton

Post by AJ »

i jus got a feelin it will be cunningham because newton will be havin the surgery he delayed having for us during the test series

if that was true, id sooner micky higham start, because he has been on fire this year
warriorjon

Post by warriorjon »

Would agree that newton is the best hooker in the league mainly because although he is not as destructive running from the play the ball, his support is far superior and his pass delivery is also far better than Cunningham. Dont think he will be wigan captain and i also dont think he should be. His role in the team seems to have become more of the enforcer and he is obviously respected in the dressing room but just think the fact that he would rather use his fists or that bit of niggle he has in him would prevent him from captaining the team on a regullar basis, maybe with injuries etc. Also think that if he were to calm down in an attempt to gain the capitancy that he game would suffer. Let him continue in his current role give the captaincy to someone more disciplined, in a few years time the way Scully is going think he is a more likely candidate.