songs/chants

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
northernwelshsaintsfan

songs/chants

Post by northernwelshsaintsfan »

My six year old boy has been watching superleague with me for the last couple of years. During this time he's decided to follow wigan. I plan to take him to the saints v wigan game on the 6th. He wants to know some songs or chants that wigan fans sing that he could join in on. I havent a clue, can anyone help? email me if you like at g.stell@ntlworld.com. Cheers.
OJ

Re: songs/chants

Post by OJ »

Your son obviously has impeccable taste - are we to assume from your user name that you yourself have not yet seen the light?
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

northernwelshsaintsfan

Re: Re: songs/chants

Fraid not, Too late for me to turn away from the "dark side" but the boy can decide for himself who to support.(After I've let him out from under the stairs!)
Do you know any chants/songs that wigan will be shouting that he can join in on?
OJ

songs/chants

Post by OJ »

Yeah fair play to you for that. There has been much debate on this and other boards lately about the songs we sing and all sorts of fans are doing their best to invent some new ones, particularly with our super new players coming to the front more and more. Think the best thing to tell your son is to listen out for the tune of the day and just join in. Whatever happens see you both enjoy the day and I hope we win!!!!!!!!!!
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Kev

Re: songs/chants

Post by Kev »

Here a a few lyrics taken from the song Tragedy they seem apt for a club not a million miles away at the moment.
Tragedy...
When the feelings gone
And you can't go on it's
Tragedy...
When the morning cries
And you don't know why , it's
Hard to bear
With no-one to love you
Your going nowhere
Tragedy...

When you lose control
And you got no soul , it's
Tragedy...
When the morning cries
And you don't know why , it's
Hard to bear
With no-one beside you
Your goin' nowhere

MrsLam

Re: Re: songs/chants

Post by MrsLam »

But they are going somewhere...just not the way they want :P
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
northernwelshsaintsfan

Re: Re: Re: songs/chants

I am not teaching him "Tragedy"!
Its going to be bad enough travelling the 5 hours back to Cardiff with a six year old laughing at me the whole way if wigan win without teaching him that...I just hoped wigan had a tried & tested chant like halifax or leeds.
OJ

Re: Re: Re: Re: songs/chants

Post by OJ »

[quote]northernwelshsaintsfan
I am not teaching him "Tragedy"!
Its going to be bad enough travelling the 5 hours back to Cardiff with a six year old laughing at me the whole way if wigan win without teaching him that...I just hoped wigan had a tried & tested chant like halifax or leeds.[/quote

Go on - don't be a spoil sport! If the atmosphere is anything like it was on Good Friday you'll be putting him on the train home but he will have had the most marvellous time.