Ainscough

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
warriorjon

Ainscough

Post by warriorjon »

Bad look to the lad not that i think his inconsistancy will be too sorely missed but its no way to finish a good carrer. Wish him all the best in the future and who knows we may see him on the paddock again next year all be it with another club. Cant say i was his biggest fan but he did have some very influential moments. Just wondering if anyone will be brought in on his money? I would potentially like us to go for Ellis or Hughes would like to see some new blood as our squad is starting to look a litle depleated.
wolftown warrior

Re: Ainscough

Post by wolftown warrior »

i feel bad for the guy.. ok, he hasn`t been brill this year butthat is no way that anyone should have to end their career..
best of luck to him i say...wish him well..
Dorsey

Ainscough

Post by Dorsey »

Yep, good luck Jamie, thanks for some entertaining and heart stopping moments you came good for us in the Challenge cup when it mattered and I'll never forget your try against the Skints where you went over on your back - brilliant
EaglesMad2003

Re: Ainscough

Post by EaglesMad2003 »

I was quite shocked to here that Jamie was retiring, he was a great talent last year, but his performances this year have been quite limited, and will be sadly missed by neutrals, aswell as Wigan faithfuls.

As Dorsey said, that try that he scored against "The Skints" was fantastic and it's hard to find a better try than that , no matter where you look.

The only thing to do right now is to say good luck for the future and all the best Jamie!!
#Rockets for the Super League!!!#
Deltic3

Re: Re: Ainscough

Post by Deltic3 »

He hasn't always been our best performer but when he decided to play he really could go. He terrified me everytime that he held the ball with 1 hand but it seems like he can only run fast when he holds it like that.

I feel very sorry for him, having to finish like this it would have been much better to go out winning the GF. However his long term health is more important so - Best Wishes and Good Luck!!
DaveO

Re: Re: Re: Ainscough

Post by DaveO »

Deltic3 posted:
He hasn't always been our best performer but when he decided to play he really could go. He terrified me everytime that he held the ball with 1 hand but it seems like he can only run fast when he holds it like that.

I feel very sorry for him, having to finish like this it would have been much better to go out winning the GF. However his long term health is more important so - Best Wishes and Good Luck!!
Sums up my feelings pretty well. An enigma of a player but no way to end a career. Good luck to him.

Dave
OJ

Ainscough

Post by OJ »

All the best Jamie - you should have got Hattons to sue Gleeson before you went - hope you are well soon
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.