Singin' when we're winnin'

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
EastStandGirl

Singin' when we're winnin'

Post by EastStandGirl »

Although I am not a season ticket holder I go with my reluctant skints fans husband and son to every home game....... and I sit there in the East stand and very carefully try to understand what ya'all are singin' in the south stand.......Its really frustrating coz it sounds great but I dont know what you are singing.....

Two by-the-ways 1. can we chant for our stars when the score a try or for andy when he kicks a goal..... like "his boot... his boot ...his boot is on fire etc" or "theres only one shaun briscoe ...only one shaun briscoe ....one shaun brisco ....theres only one shaun briscoe " etc cos it used to sound great when we did.
and 2. Did anyone else feel really disgusted with the actions of Calderwood at the Leeds game....because I was so bloody angry at it I wanted to go to sthelens and have a street fight to get it out of my system.... If that had been a footie match he could have been arrested for insiting violence... his attitude sucks and not only was there the ball punching incident but all thru the match he was gesturing to us that he couldnt hear us......I wanted to hit the little F****r
Enthusiastic Wiganner
Rather partial to chicken pasty
MrsLam

Re: Singin' when we're winnin'

Post by MrsLam »

Hes so arrogant and he really annoys me, every match he plays, he'll get what he deserves though eventually. Whoever that ball hit in the crowd should of done exactly the same back to him only harder, hes got no control that lad!! hehe anyway
we do sing theres only one...whoever all the time its just not clear enough, and i hadnt realised that before i was in the east stand last week and couldnt really tell what we were singing.
Im not gunna run through a list of songs we sing 'cause that'd take ages, but sit in the south stand and you'll soon pick up every song and take it back to east standers
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
little irish pixie

Re: Re: Singin' when we're win...

Post by little irish pixie »

i dont no whether anyone agrees with me, but im a south stander and sumtimes even i cant hear what we sing! i think that we do sing whenever a try is scored or is it just my ears?
kirky

Post by kirky »

I sit in hte south stand, and know most song bar one.
I know it ends "'cos I'm aYorkshire b*****d, Lancashire la la la", But purleeze, what is the beginning???
I agree with the other post. Sit in our stand and take the songs back. Its great when both stands get singing and banter develops with each other. Gawd almighty, could you imagine the Westies singing? "Come on chaps, pip pip"
Man and ball, man and ball!
rugbynelly

Post by rugbynelly »

kirky posted:
I sit in hte south stand, and know most song bar one.
I know it ends "'cos I'm aYorkshire b*****d, Lancashire la la la", But purleeze, what is the beginning???
I agree with the other post. Sit in our stand and take the songs back. Its great when both stands get singing and banter develops with each other. Gawd almighty, could you imagine the Westies singing? "Come on chaps, pip pip"
the song is;
i went to the pub and drank 10pints and got completley plastard then i went home to beat my wife coz im a yorkshire b***ard lancashire la la la lancashire la la
theres only 1 team in wigan
Grego

Post by Grego »

Calderwood is an arrogant t**ser who thinks he can get away with whatever he likes and the sooner someone rips his head off the better. It might make him calm down a bit! If he concentrated on his rugby a bit more instead of trying to play the big man i think he could be a great player as he has great speed and strength.
Ellie from the Block!

Post by Ellie from the Block! »

Can't the RFL do anything about Calderwoods behaviour? If we kicked off in the stands like that then we'd be starting a riot etc.... and it would be the fans who are out of order blah blah blah!!!!

I just think when he next plays at Wigan we should give him hell!!!!!!!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Tommy's gone n calderwoods in, it used to be great having a go at martyn when he came over, I think we could really easily wind calderwood up
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!