Second row for next year

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
warriorjon

Second row for next year

Post by warriorjon »

I know that there have been rumblings that we are in the hunt for Tallis and if he came i for one think he would be a terrific signing but i just wonder would he give us value for money? He will obviously be on a huge wage and personally i think that we would do better to go for Carlaw from Brisbain or Fitzgibon. Carlaw is just awesome going forward havnt seen a second row make such an inpact with regard busts etc. and still has his best years ahead of him Fitzgibon is more a thinking mans second row and again is in his prime. I worry that Tallis has played his best footy and also think we could get either of these two (who seem no just miss out on the international jersey) for slightly less money.
Fraggle

Re: Second row for next year

Post by Fraggle »

Why do we want more backrow forwards? We've got Cassidy, Tickle, Graham (if he stays), Wild, Hock, Allen, PJ, Faz and O'Laughlin to cover the 2nd row and lock positions. 3 from 9 at the back of the scrum seems like more than enough. Let's use the money for better replacements for Ainscough and/or Dallas.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
chorley warrior

Re: Second row for next year

Post by chorley warrior »

Heard that we've already got Tallis....seems like a lot of money being spent on old players, he's 30 this year, and must realise that he's in need of a pension boost, we should be chasing Gasnier or Vagana to replace Ainscough, not buying players who are past it.
warriorjon

Re: Re: Second row for next ye...

Post by warriorjon »

I think so far as the sallary cap goes we should be O.K. to get a top class centre and second row, think both must be priority positions. I know we have a lot of them knocking around but they are awfully inexperienced except Faz and Cas, think graham will go if we do sign a big name second row. Tallis for 2 years would just guide these players and give them time to develop into truely class acts. Just think of the pack potential we would have!

o'connor
newton
smith
Cass/Hock
Tallis
Faz
with all the young players vieing for a place on the bench along with Scully to come on to spell the props. Cant see this pack getting pushed around.
warriorjon

Post by warriorjon »

I think so far as the sallary cap goes we should be O.K. to get a top class centre and second row, think both must be priority positions. I know we have a lot of them knocking around but they are awfully inexperienced except Faz and Cas, think graham will go if we do sign a big name second row. Tallis for 2 years would just guide these players and give them time to develop into truely class acts. Just think of the pack potential we would have!

o'connor
newton
smith
Cass/Hock
Tallis
Faz
with all the young players vieing for a place on the bench along with Scully to come on to spell the props. Cant see this pack getting pushed around.
warriorjon

Post by warriorjon »

o'connor
newton
smith
Cass/Hock
Tallis
Faz