Warriors for the Grand Final

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Ellie from the Block!

Warriors for the Grand Final

Post by Ellie from the Block! »

Surely with the way we played tonight, we are destined for the Grand Final!!!!
An outstanding game again from Lam (who I am sure just loved that Tissot watch!) also Farrell and Graham were fantastic again.
I am sick of Lowes mouthing off. I know he's a bit off at the moment because we were the better team but the ref should just have sent him off for a while whilst the Bradford bench got some glue to make sure he didn't speak again!!!
Anyway...watch out Leeds we're on our way!!!!!!
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Warriors for the Grand Fin...

Post by Mike »

I agre with everything you said, but I'd like to single out Craig Smith and Terry O'Connor for special praise. They both had their best games this season, Smith is improving every week and really looks good going forward.

Well done the whole team a fantastic performance. My favourite moment in the match was Danny "Superman" Tickle's short flight to stake his cliam for the most spectacular touch down of the year
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
MrsLam

Re: Re: Warriors for the Grand...

Post by MrsLam »

What a try! Robbie didnt see that one coming did he?! Faz's was a good one n all, just charging through...ahhhh :) actually they were all brilliant tries!!!
Cant believe Grahams was given though, however after watchin it again it looked more and more like a try every time.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
wolftown warrior

Re: Re: Re: Warriors for the G...

Post by wolftown warrior »

thuoght smith played really well tonight, but i have to agree with the o`conner comment.. he has been BRILLIANT for us this year..
especially when he was it seemed the only veteran in the team.. with our injuires back at the start of the year..
full of running & it takes like 3-4 men to bring him down every time!
doesn`t get enough praise that lad! great showin!
some exellent football... some great defence!
don`t know bout GF but heck the way were playing!!!!!!!!!!!!! we can bat anyone..
rach15

Re: Re: Re: Re: Warriors for t...

Post by rach15 »

What a brilliant match we played well in every department!

I was watching the game this morning and it looked as if Craig Smith scored a try when he thundered through the bulls defence and got the ball down under the sticks but the ref called it as held up, did any one else see it?

Oh well at least we won!
Wigan to the GF!
O'loughlins number 1 fan!!
rugbynelly

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Warriors f...

Post by rugbynelly »

rach15 posted:

I was watching the game this morning and it looked as if Craig Smith scored a try when he thundered through the bulls defence and got the ball down under the sticks but the ref called it as held up, did any one else see it?

i think smith said he was helded up on purpose using his experience to waste more time, i no he would of loved a try but he'd prefear the win.
WERLL DONE THE LADS
Oh well at least we won!
Wigan to the GF!
theres only 1 team in wigan
sedbergh

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Warriors f...

Post by sedbergh »

rach15 posted:

Oh well at least we won!
Wigan to the GF!
Why the ref didn't go to the screen I just don't know. It looked a certain try from where I was standing and I was 100 yards away. Great win. I'm just about getting my voice back
Ellie from the Block!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Warrio...

Post by Ellie from the Block! »

I don't think that the ref checked to see whether Smith had scored because he couldn't take any more whinging from that old girl Lowes!!!!
But just for the record, it was a try!!!!!!
MrsLam

Re: Re: Re: Re: Warriors for t...

Post by MrsLam »

wolftown warrior posted:

doesn`t get enough praise that lad! great showin!
Agreed there, for some reason I just expect it from him, hes not had one bad game this season, I think the older players are really enjoying the youth being there.

And Smith definitely scored a try but i suppose it didnt matter in the end 'cause we got one straight after anyway
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Welski

Re: Warriors for the Grand Fin...

Post by Welski »

I told you you heard it here first !!!!
Welski posted:Thu, 08 May 2003 at 09:43"The "Boys" Will win the GF"
Have to admit I was one of those who doubted our ability to finish in the top 6 this year let alone reach the final. I am happy to say on recent showings it looks like I'll be proved wrong!
The 'team' is actually playing like one at the moment and less like a collection of individuals.
In the Edwards/Offiah/Clarke etc etc era Wigan used to be one of the most exciting teams to watch in any sport.With our recent reliance on imports who were past their best and an endless turnover of coaches its been very disjointed. I hate to say it but even Stains have been more inventive!!
With Rapers ability to mould 'raw' talent into an exciting attacking team and when the numerous walking wounded are fully fit I seriously think if we are up there at then end of the season then we will win the GF.
The only thing to stop us will be further injures particularly up front.
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League