Attendances

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Attendances

Post by Mike »

Did you see the last two attendances at Sale Rah Rahs - 2264 and yesterday 2124.Bet the atmosphere was unbelievable and Jason was overwhelmed by the incredible vocal support Sale have attained by the big money signings. You can just hear it can't you "Come on Sale" yes folks that'it. Time to gaze around at the other poor souls in the crowd for another ten minutes because the C*** going on in front of us is just too much for anyone to handle. That is all that seems to go on at RU - speccy watching. I know it's a bit cruel giving him a slagging but the greedy git deserves it.Can't wait to see Maine Road packed to the rafters by the 2000 speccies.Our Alliance get more than Sale AT Orrell RU just to rub it in.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Attendances

Post by Mike »

Couldn't agree more. Must say I'm always a bit bitter when a good player leaves, hero to zero type thing, but I'm afraid Jason lost a lot of support with his move by the way he just kept us all hanging on with a faint glimmer of hope. Anyway now he's got the pockets in his shorts to keep his hands warm I doubt you'll hear much about him until he plays for England, if he ever gets picked that is.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

No way....

Post by Mike »

....to borrow a phrase of George 'dubya' Bush - it was a 'done deal' a long time ago.I'm still waiting to see if Sale ever appear on Sky!The RFU probably have a clause that Sky can't show matches where there's no crowd - after some of the London 'Irish' games I saw last year where there can't have been more than 1000 tops.Happy Xmas
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Re: Attendances

Post by Mike »

Well said Barbara,glad to see someone else sees things differently to the bitter and twisted minds that are calling Jason. I wonder if these people sympaphised with union when we were poaching their players. I suspect not.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Attendances

Post by Mike »

I agree with what you're saying about rugby union - it's dreadful and run by people who have always tried to destroy our game. They still are trying. On a good day they just try to patronise us. But Jason Robinson was a brilliant player for us who never, ever let us down - and he is very nice as a person as well. He has a young family, and I can't blame him for taking the Rah Rahs' money. I only wish someone would insult me with a £1 million offer to go and work for them at something boring for a few years. I'd snatch their hand off.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Re: Attendances

Post by Mike »

I thought the same thing, but was put right on the day of the world cup final by a friend of mine who seems to be in the know!!! He said that Robby was all set for Union, but they changed there minds and said that he had to go to a club in London with a big profile and not Sale. Apparently the story about the other teams threating not to play Sale was abit of a smoke screen until the thing had been sorted.Anyway Robby was prepared to stand his ground, and if they hadn't let him go to Sale he would have stayed with us. Not sure close the end of the season he did sign for Sale, but I'm told it was very late.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐