Hastings Replacement.....

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
ddtftf
Posts: 1701
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:07 pm

Re: Hastings Replacement.....

Post by ddtftf » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:00 am

Heard a whisper George may be back for a special occasion with his girlfriend just a whisper :o

Charriots Offiah
Posts: 685
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:14 pm

Re: Hastings Replacement.....

Post by Charriots Offiah » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:20 pm

ddtftf wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:00 am
Heard a whisper George may be back for a special occasion with his girlfriend just a whisper :o
Birth of their child.

josie andrews
Posts: 27062
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:17 pm
Location: Wigan
Contact:

Re: Hastings Replacement.....

Post by josie andrews » Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:47 pm

Charriots Offiah wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:20 pm
ddtftf wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:00 am
Heard a whisper George may be back for a special occasion with his girlfriend just a whisper :o
Birth of their child.
I thought the same 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage.

Richymac
Posts: 152
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:00 am

Re: Hastings Replacement.....

Post by Richymac » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:42 pm

medlocke wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:43 pm
Christ on a bike, If true then this proves the club has no real ambition, Sick to death of bringing back former players, They rarely work out, They should be trying to lure a big name from the NRL rather than a former player that has "upped his game", Maybe he looks a lot better due to having a great NRL team around him, I'd put money on him being the same headless chicken IF he came back, There used to be a time fans of this club craved big name signings. :evil:
If he wasn't a former player I am pretty sure everyone would be buzzing to have a player who has been doing as well as him in the NRL. And not due only to the team he has around him. Don't really see your issue here. Who (realistically) could we get or would you rather have from the NRL in that position? I can't see anyone but Williams.

southportcdm
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: Hastings Replacement.....

Post by southportcdm » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:04 pm

Come on medlocke, when was the last time a UK club signed a top class aussie who wasn't past their best or in need of rehabilitating their career? Superleague teams just can't affors it and the top aussies don't want to come here. George would be the best available and we could rely on him not wanting to go back over there.

thegimble
Posts: 5765
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:09 am

Re: Hastings Replacement.....

Post by thegimble » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:50 pm

Last player was Ryan Hoffman. Step above any second row in SL and playes SOO when he went back after a sacrifice season with us. As you say no other class player in their prime has come here in 15 years apart from Hoff.

southportcdm
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: Hastings Replacement.....

Post by southportcdm » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:36 pm

Well remembered gimble, I'd forgotten about Hoffman, what a great player he was for us. I think one of the reasons he left Melbourne was their salary cap issue and he did go back to them for a spell. If anybody else has suggestions about top aussie players that have moved over here, in recent years, whilst at least as good as any of the best U.K. super league players please feel free to name them. In particular, any 'playmakers' the type of player that could replace someone like Jackson

Dan2266
Posts: 196
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:47 pm

Re: Hastings Replacement.....

Post by Dan2266 » Fri May 07, 2021 9:35 am

Dan2266 wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:51 pm
Take this with a pinch of salt.... Wigan are planning to explore the possibility of luring Williams back for next season. That is their first choice. I very much doubt it happens.
George has told Wigan he wants to come back. Don't listen to any links/rumours with other SL clubs.

(As of now id say 80% sure he is in cherry and white again next season) I did not think it would happen when I first found out Wigan want him back.

Also on the George Burgess front. There is a growing confidence that he may play again.

josie andrews
Posts: 27062
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:17 pm
Location: Wigan
Contact:

Re: Hastings Replacement.....

Post by josie andrews » Fri May 07, 2021 9:45 am

Dan2266 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 9:35 am
Dan2266 wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:51 pm
Take this with a pinch of salt.... Wigan are planning to explore the possibility of luring Williams back for next season. That is their first choice. I very much doubt it happens.
George has told Wigan he wants to come back. Don't listen to any links/rumours with other SL clubs.

(As of now id say 80% sure he is in cherry and white again next season) I did not think it would happen when I first found out Wigan want him back.

Also on the George Burgess front. There is a growing confidence that he may play again.
Good news & great news regarding Burgess 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage.

User avatar
Mike
Site Admin
Posts: 5862
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Hastings Replacement.....

Post by Mike » Fri May 07, 2021 9:46 am

josie andrews wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 9:45 am
Dan2266 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 9:35 am
Dan2266 wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:51 pm
Take this with a pinch of salt.... Wigan are planning to explore the possibility of luring Williams back for next season. That is their first choice. I very much doubt it happens.
George has told Wigan he wants to come back. Don't listen to any links/rumours with other SL clubs.

(As of now id say 80% sure he is in cherry and white again next season) I did not think it would happen when I first found out Wigan want him back.

Also on the George Burgess front. There is a growing confidence that he may play again.
Good news & great news regarding Burgess 😊
Isn't he off cap and our salary now though?

Post Reply