Shaun Wane Potential role.

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
JimmyMagnets

Re: Shaun Wane Potential role.

Post by JimmyMagnets »

Wane needs to be head coach not next season ... NOW!

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

JimmyMagnets wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:41 pm Wane needs to be head coach not next season ... NOW!

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk
Nah we need a fresh start like meds said…….wane may be good for recruiting though
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

I’d have him back in a heartbeat, this side has no direction or toughness. Mind you, Wayne Bennett needs a gig.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Shaun Wane's 22 word response to questions on Wigan Warriors return and his future

The England head coach was asked about Rugby League Live's exclusive that he is being lined up to return to Wigan Warriors

England head coach Shaun Wane today refused to comment on speculation linking him with a return to Wigan Warriors next year.

The born and bred Wiganer has a long history with his hometown club as a player and as a coach, where he led the Warriors to three Super League titles, a Challenge Cup and a World Club Challenge victory.

Rugby League Live understands that Wane has been lined up for a DW Stadium comeback for the 2022 campaign but he refused to be drawn on the link.

Wane, a true legend of the club after his illustrious playing and coaching spells, is thought to be in discussions to take on a role that would see him combine coaching and operational duties, such as recruitment.

He will not be returning in a head coach capacity but, speaking at a press conference via Zoom ahead of England’s mid-season international against the Combined Nations All Stars next Friday, Wane remained guarded.

He said: “I’m just looking forward to Friday against the All Stars at Warrington.

That’s my only focus and I can’t wait for that.”

The 56-year-old served Wigan as a gnarled prop forward, scout, volunteer, junior coach, academy coach, assistant coach and bowed out as a Grand Final winner after beating Warrington in the 2018 title decider.

When quizzed specifically about a Wigan return, Wane added: “I’m just absolutely hell bent on, when we meet on Tuesday, making sure the players get a good session and prepare them ready for Friday.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... dium=email
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Wane director of rugby and an Aussie coach for me.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:10 am Wane director of rugby and an Aussie coach for me.
I would settle for the Aussie coach. None of which would come here unless they could shape the squad as they wanted. Which with Wane (or anybody else) as director of rugby they probably couldn't.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wane for head scout

An Ozzy for had coach

Unless Farrell fancies it
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Still don't think Farrel will touch it unless he prepared to take a vast pay cut
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

DaveO wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:19 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:10 am Wane director of rugby and an Aussie coach for me.
I would settle for the Aussie coach. None of which would come here unless they could shape the squad as they wanted. Which with Wane (or anybody else) as director of rugby they probably couldn't.
My thoughts as well. Just imagine if they had a bad start there would be a clamour for Waney to get involved. Maybe all this talk has unsettled the club hence the poor performances lately.
Charriots Offiah

DaveO wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:19 am
That’s exactly why Edwards didn’t come.