Kevin Proctor

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Charriots Offiah
Posts: 1994
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:14 pm

Re: Kevin Proctor

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:12 am Absolutely for a season or two. Massively experienced and still does it week in week out in a vastly superior league. He isn't a flashy player but very effective, makes a lot of tackles and carries strong. He would be a huge upgrade on Isa
Isa is warming the bench :lol: I'd rather throw Isa's money at Havard and KPP. Youth is the future, believe me I'm an old git.
Blackpool_Pie
Posts: 503
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:44 pm

Re: Kevin Proctor

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:20 am
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:12 am Absolutely for a season or two. Massively experienced and still does it week in week out in a vastly superior league. He isn't a flashy player but very effective, makes a lot of tackles and carries strong. He would be a huge upgrade on Isa
Isa is warming the bench :lol: I'd rather throw Isa's money at Havard and KPP. Youth is the future, believe me I'm an old git.
Oh I totally agree. I hope we can keep both those young lads as long as possible because I think (as most of us do) they will both be stars. However I really think a player like Proctor would be very useful in terms of experience and size in the back row
Charriots Offiah
Posts: 1994
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:14 pm

Re: Kevin Proctor

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:42 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:20 am
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:12 am Absolutely for a season or two. Massively experienced and still does it week in week out in a vastly superior league. He isn't a flashy player but very effective, makes a lot of tackles and carries strong. He would be a huge upgrade on Isa
Isa is warming the bench :lol: I'd rather throw Isa's money at Havard and KPP. Youth is the future, believe me I'm an old git.
Oh I totally agree. I hope we can keep both those young lads as long as possible because I think (as most of us do) they will both be stars. However I really think a player like Proctor would be very useful in terms of experience and size in the back row
I like Proctor but he is not the future and, in my view, other positions need far more attention. We have now got Bateman, Faz, Smithies, Shorrocks, McDonnell and Nicholson to pick from and in the next year or two there will be another couple. Wigan has signed some excellent juniors in the forwards we now need to complement them with some quality signings in the backs.
medlocke
Posts: 9373
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:57 am
Contact:

Re: Kevin Proctor

Post by medlocke »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:00 pm
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:42 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:20 am

Isa is warming the bench :lol: I'd rather throw Isa's money at Havard and KPP. Youth is the future, believe me I'm an old git.
Oh I totally agree. I hope we can keep both those young lads as long as possible because I think (as most of us do) they will both be stars. However I really think a player like Proctor would be very useful in terms of experience and size in the back row
I like Proctor but he is not the future and, in my view, other positions need far more attention. We have now got Bateman, Faz, Smithies, Shorrocks, McDonnell and Nicholson to pick from and in the next year or two there will be another couple. Wigan has signed some excellent juniors in the forwards we now need to complement them with some quality signings in the backs.
He wouldn't be here to be the future, I'm sure these young stars of the future would love to play alongside a great NRL and former international player for one maybe 2 seasons think of all the experience he would bring to the team, think of the fans his signing could bring back, I'm sure Smithies, Shorrocks, McDonnell and Nicholson would look back with gratitude in years to come
Charriots Offiah
Posts: 1994
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:14 pm

Re: Kevin Proctor

Post by Charriots Offiah »

medlocke wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:29 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:00 pm
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:42 am

Oh I totally agree. I hope we can keep both those young lads as long as possible because I think (as most of us do) they will both be stars. However I really think a player like Proctor would be very useful in terms of experience and size in the back row
I like Proctor but he is not the future and, in my view, other positions need far more attention. We have now got Bateman, Faz, Smithies, Shorrocks, McDonnell and Nicholson to pick from and in the next year or two there will be another couple. Wigan has signed some excellent juniors in the forwards we now need to complement them with some quality signings in the backs.
He wouldn't be here to be the future, I'm sure these young stars of the future would love to play alongside a great NRL and former international player for one maybe 2 seasons think of all the experience he would bring to the team, think of the fans his signing could bring back, I'm sure Smithies, Shorrocks, McDonnell and Nicholson would look back with gratitude in years to come
Do Bateman and Faz not pass on their experience?
User avatar
NICKYKISS
Posts: 430
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:06 am

Re: Kevin Proctor

Post by NICKYKISS »

We’ve got one hell of a balancing act on over this next couple of years to ensure we have enough experience in the side, whilst still ensuring the young forwards are getting enough chances. Tough decisions will need to be made. I look at the side and think how we can improve it and a starting prop is still needed IMO. If we could bring one in for Isa, then I would take the opportunity.

I look at guys like Partington and McDonnell and as things progress, I struggle to see where opportunities will come. It’s not that I don’t like them because I do but they look vulnerable to being moved on over the next couple of off seasons. I think Matty Nicholson will find himself above a couple of the younger guys in the pecking order pretty quickly given his talent.
Caboosegg
Posts: 3114
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:51 pm

Re: Kevin Proctor

Post by Caboosegg »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:01 pm
medlocke wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:29 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:00 pm

I like Proctor but he is not the future and, in my view, other positions need far more attention. We have now got Bateman, Faz, Smithies, Shorrocks, McDonnell and Nicholson to pick from and in the next year or two there will be another couple. Wigan has signed some excellent juniors in the forwards we now need to complement them with some quality signings in the backs.
He wouldn't be here to be the future, I'm sure these young stars of the future would love to play alongside a great NRL and former international player for one maybe 2 seasons think of all the experience he would bring to the team, think of the fans his signing could bring back, I'm sure Smithies, Shorrocks, McDonnell and Nicholson would look back with gratitude in years to come
Do Bateman and Faz not pass on their experience?
They're English though so it doesn't count :lol:
Remember kids unless everything you say about Wigan is negative you're not a true "Fan"
nathan_rugby
Posts: 3430
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:12 pm

Re: Kevin Proctor

Post by nathan_rugby »

NICKYKISS wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:27 pm We’ve got one hell of a balancing act on over this next couple of years to ensure we have enough experience in the side, whilst still ensuring the young forwards are getting enough chances. Tough decisions will need to be made. I look at the side and think how we can improve it and a starting prop is still needed IMO. If we could bring one in for Isa, then I would take the opportunity.

I look at guys like Partington and McDonnell and as things progress, I struggle to see where opportunities will come. It’s not that I don’t like them because I do but they look vulnerable to being moved on over the next couple of off seasons. I think Matty Nicholson will find himself above a couple of the younger guys in the pecking order pretty quickly given his talent.
I agree, the club need it be very carefully with young players and contracts.

We seem to have too many second rowers.

McDonnell is 22 years old, we surely must know by this age whether he has a chance or not?

I think Partington, Mcdonell and Shorrocks will need to make way and keep Havard, KPP, Smithies.

Byrne should be retained if he carries on improving and hopefully Nicholson will force his way in as Isa moves on at the end of 2023 season if he progresses like a lot on here say he will.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Charriots Offiah
Posts: 1994
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:14 pm

Re: Kevin Proctor

Post by Charriots Offiah »

NICKYKISS wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:27 pm We’ve got one hell of a balancing act on over this next couple of years to ensure we have enough experience in the side, whilst still ensuring the young forwards are getting enough chances. Tough decisions will need to be made. I look at the side and think how we can improve it and a starting prop is still needed IMO. If we could bring one in for Isa, then I would take the opportunity.

I look at guys like Partington and McDonnell and as things progress, I struggle to see where opportunities will come. It’s not that I don’t like them because I do but they look vulnerable to being moved on over the next couple of off seasons. I think Matty Nicholson will find himself above a couple of the younger guys in the pecking order pretty quickly given his talent.
I would be reluctant to see McDonell moved on, I think he will make a good prop in time. The Club need to be ruthless which Rads has not been in the past. I think we will see an improvement under Waney. We also need to remember that Ellis and Mago may not be here in 1 or 2 years time. Having said that, I agree about a new starting prop. A must for me is a centre.
Post Reply