millard going???

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Glynola

Re: millard going???

Post by Glynola »

Cruncher posted:
Then we could promote McIlorum to the first team, as Higham's understudy.
Well if we weren't going to replace Millard then this would be the obvious decision.

However I think we should be looking at the type of hooker who would push Higham back into the 'understudy' role, such as Newton. But perhaps this is just because I am not a particular fan of Higham...
Everything they do is so dramatic and flamboyant. It just makes me want to set myself on fire!
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

As much as I like Newton, replacing Millard with him is merely replacing a guy that's retirement is imminent with someone who's retirement is 2 years away.

Newton hasn't really done that well at Bradford and still gives away too many penalties - something that couldn't really be leveled at Higham.

"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

Matthew posted:
As much as I like Newton, replacing Millard with him is merely replacing a guy that's retirement is imminent with someone who's retirement is 2 years away.

Newton hasn't really done that well at Bradford and still gives away too many penalties - something that couldn't really be leveled at Higham.
Yes, I must admit to thinking that Ar Turry's Wigan days are now behind him. Whenever I've seen him this season, he's looked a little heavy to me.
Glynola

Post by Glynola »

Newton should have four good years left in him.

And as I've said on another thread - the amount of penalties Newton gives away pales into insignificance compared to the likes of Hock and Prescott!
Everything they do is so dramatic and flamboyant. It just makes me want to set myself on fire!
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

In the Observer this week there is an article on Millard about how he is planning for his retirement from rugby league by taking a course in Fitness and Conditioning training as that what he wants to go into when he has finished playing.

Millard himself did say that he has struggled a bit doing both training and studying and that he has fallen behind in his studies. I think playing for Wigan always comes first before his studies but if Wigan are ok to let him go then I think he might retire so that he can complete his studies and have a job in a year or so.
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

that comment wasnt out of order about tickle he was......
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

shawcross da warrior posted:
that comment wasnt out of order about tickle he was......
Unless you can prove it comments like that are not welcome on public message boards and not just this one.

They can get the site owner into trouble.

I have edited your original post to remove the suspect words!

Dave
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

i thought he had his best game in a wigan shirt yesterday ,good brain but can the body back it up :conf:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Bringing Newton back to the club would be a step backwards, Newton had his time here, he was crap then and he is still crap now, bring in Alker or March or henderson, somebody that isn't as tempremental and crap like Tezer:exc:

MICHEAL DOBSON FOR HOOKER
CherryandWhiteandProud

Post by CherryandWhiteandProud »

NOT WITH OUR SALARY CAP!!! :D