Wigan, a prop and contract renewal

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
JARJAR

Re: Wigan, a prop and cont...

Post by JARJAR »

:( Never been impressed by Crabtree.In the games he's played against us he has never posed any threat.Other than his size he has limited ability and doesn't know how to offload in the tackle.Hope the rumours aren't true. :(
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

It would not surprise me as Nobby seems to like having some size out on the pitch and to be honest I think he may help us get on top of other packs he defiantly can cause teams problems and running off Barrett I could look good :)
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think Crabtree has ability with ball in hand. OAM is probably right re defence. His height must make tackling difficult. Although Westy managed fine. So it can be done.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

CP is your info good on this I have eared rumblings but
he or whoever could only be in talks for this season next season is off limits at the moment I think???
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The guy who gives me my info has always been right so far. What I do not know yet, is whether or not it is for this season or next. I am trying to find that out.
Jake

Post by Jake »

Mother Feka posted:
if we signed crabtree i would be more than happy.
Crabtree would be a good signing for us I think he just the type of player we need at the moment
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

cpwigan posted:
I think Crabtree has ability with ball in hand. OAM is probably right re defence. His height must make tackling difficult. Although Westy managed fine. So it can be done.
Slightly off topic CPW but Westy managed fine mostly by gripping people in a headlock which was legal at the time. :wink:
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

The rumour is as follows:

Crabtree is leaving Huddersfield at the end of his contract, which is in half a season's time. Huddersfield have therefore granted him permission to talk to interested clubs now, as it would mean they'd get a transfer fee. Wigan, being in need of a prop rather than an extra second-row, have thus released Danny Hill to Hull KR, with a view to him staying there permanently. As we speak, Wigan are discussing terms with Crabtree.

This is only a rumour, but I've heard it from several different sources in the last day or so. I suspect it may have legs.
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

i agree with Jimmy

Westy could not tackle too
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

:lol: Leave Westy alone. He was also one of the first players to strap his lower arm heavily with coarse strapping to enhance the facial massage.