Wigan, a prop and contract renewal

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Matthew

Re: Wigan, a prop and cont...

Post by Matthew »

Wayne McDonald MkII
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
chrisJJ

Post by chrisJJ »

Crabtree's ok but he's no Feka :D

If i had the choice i'd snap up Fakir, Chan or Guisset tommorow those guys are real hard workers.

Along with Ryan Bailey although he is dirty
To be the best
you have to beat the best
moffsta

Post by moffsta »

here here, i've always thought we could do with a reet bad un up front. would've liked to have got moi moi when the rumours were doing the rounds about him. we need a right nasty piece of work to come off the bench and put the fear of god into the other teams he he :D
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Its about time BN started to make Fielden play.

People must be laughing their heads off at the price we paid for him. He now looks like another "I'm at Wigan and made it" type of player.

Look at the continuing impact that Pryce has had at Saints and compare this to Fielden. Admittedly he galvanised the pack for a critical month last season, but he is now looking very, very expensive. He needs to start playing how we all know he can play or join the ever expanding list of recent Wigan signings that go undert he 'flops' catagory.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

OAM posted:
i dnt rate Crabtree at all

what does e1 else think
Not too sure on this one. He was showing decent form towards the end of last season, and not far off selection into GB squad. Has size, takes the ball up pretty well, can off-load.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Panchitta Marra posted:
OAM posted:

what does e1 else think
Not too sure on this one. He was showing decent form towards the end of last season, and not far off selection into GB squad. Has size, takes the ball up pretty well, can off-load.
And scores
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

medlocke posted:
Panchitta Marra posted:
OAM posted:

what does e1 else think
And scores
Needs a decent haircut though :D
Fujiman

Re: Wigan, a prop and contract...

Post by Fujiman »

cpwigan posted:
My source tells me that a prop is in talks with the club today. The agent of the prop is Andy Clarke so I presume he must be British based. Whether it is for this season or next I have yet to ascertain.

There are 21 players with NO deal for next year. That's players in the 1st team and U21s. Nobby is paying hard ball with them all. Several of the U21s are looking for new clubs.
Although its business I would have thought after the Chris Ashton fiasco Clarky wasn't welcome at the JJB :conf:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Alex it i not a rumour. It is simply fact. Nobby saw a prop to discuss terms yesterday and we have 21 players whose contract are up for renewal.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

fujiman, I wondered why my source mentioned Clarke. The reasoning is hypothetical but lets say clarke is not too concerned whether or not a player has an existing contract to honour :wink: