Wigan, a prop and contract renewal

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
100% Warrior

Re: Wigan, a prop and cont...

Post by 100% Warrior »

If the signing of Crabtree does happen I think it would be a good piece of business by Noble, to be honest we have more than enough cover in the back row and Hill whilst doing his best just isn't a front row player.

Crabtree has a few years experience in Super League, have to admit I would prefer someone like Andy Coley but I would be happy enough if we can recruit Eorl.

We'd then have a pretty decent pack which features Fielden, Feka, Crabtree and O'Carroll. I think these 4 would serve us well throughout a tough season.
stevo38

Post by stevo38 »

i heard he was going to saints next year and deal was more or less done ?
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

stevo38 posted:
i heard he was going to saints next year and deal was more or less done ?
I've said on this site a few times. When it comes to transfer fees, there's only one club in it.

If, as it has been hinted, that Huddersfield want to cash in on him before he leaves for free, then saints do not have the fluid cash to be able to bring a player in like Crabtree. End of, (unless they themselves are in the process of selling one of their own players to accomodate).
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

his arrival at the jjb if this is correct could be usefull because we would have alot of power in the pack....

and i am seeing another bradford here...nobby always had a lot of forwards on the bench at the bulls and i think he is trying to do a similar thing here at wigan.....
Glynola

Post by Glynola »

Crabtree would not add a lot to us. He is a massive man but doesn't run anything near his size.
Everything they do is so dramatic and flamboyant. It just makes me want to set myself on fire!
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Glynola posted:
Crabtree would not add a lot to us. He is a massive man but doesn't run anything near his size.
Tall doesn't necessarily mean hard to stop. Les Boyd was an excellent (if you ignore his indiscretions) prop forward, yet was only 5ft 9. He was stocky/squat and very powerful, which made him and other forwards like him (Feka) hard to tackle. So it is fair to say that a big man isn't always going to be harder to tackle, just makes stopping the offloads harder.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
R Douglas

Post by R Douglas »

You don't think we could get Shane Webcke to do a Radders for us for half a season?
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

We need a view from Wigan Watcher on this. Have you heard anything WW?
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

R Douglas posted:
You don't think we could get Shane Webcke to do a Radders for us for half a season?
Don't think that Webcke would play for free - he's an Aussie anyway...
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------