leeds want nobby

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
- psycho -

Re: leeds want nobby

Post by - psycho - »

it's that noise again OAM

sleep with oen eye open :sly:
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

just on the wind up with the mods

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

I,ve heard today that Noble is getting frustrated with MO.Nobby Wants to use the money freed up by Flecth,DV,Ashton @ Possibly Millard going at end of season,to sign 2 more props @ strengthen in other posistions that he feels we are short of cover in.But MO wants to lump all the freed up cash on Ryles and 1 other big name @ big wage player.I got told that nobby is getting fed up with Mo big time.I just hope its not true, because IMO Nobby as with any coach should be responsable for who they sign, as they are judged by how them players perform.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

gillysmyhero posted:
I,ve heard today that Noble is getting frustrated with MO.Nobby Wants to use the money freed up by Flecth,DV,Ashton @ Possibly Millard going at end of season,to sign 2 more props @ strengthen in other posistions that he feels we are short of cover in.But MO wants to lump all the freed up cash on Ryles and 1 other big name @ big wage player.I got told that nobby is getting fed up with Mo big time.I just hope its not true, because IMO Nobby as with any coach should be responsable for who they sign, as they are judged by how them players perform.
We don't need two more props. We need one and we need to keep persevering with O'Carroll and Prescott.

A player of Ryles calibre would do nicely and I can't see Nobby objecting to that signing unless it meant we could not sign a full back (which we will need) and possibly a centre.

Dave
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

gillysmyhero posted:
The trouble is that posters on other boards are saying all sorts of different things. One claims that Nobby's already signed for Leeds for next year. Another claims that he's not going anywhere and has no intention of doing. Another claims that he had a bust-up with Mo, but that it's all now settled. Another claims that Leeds have come for him, but Wigan have stopped it by offering him a lot more cash. Another claims that Wigan haven't offered him half as much cash as Leeds. Another claims that he never signed a contract, so he can go wherever and whenever he likes. Another claims that he's banned Mo from the dressing-room, and that this has caused its own degree of friction. And now you're claiming that he may go if Mo continues to interfere.

There are so many contradictory stories on this matter that it's really difficult deciding which one to believe.

I think we should all sit back and just get on with the season. At the end of the day, if Nobby goes, he goes. There are many more coaches out there, and he'll have been with us for nearly two years anyway, which is a record for Wigan in recent times.

But if he does go, I'm not sure we'll be justified in unquestioningly blaming Mo. The chairman has to have some say in who the club signs because he's signing the cheques, and not all of Nobby's signings thus far have been massively impressive.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

gillysmyhero posted:
MO wants to lump all the freed up cash on Ryles and 1 other big name @ big wage player.
If they sign Ryles, then that is one of Nobby's props and the overseas quota filled. The other, if your right, might be a centre - Martin Gleeson anyone? I believe that is written in his contract, that if Warrington fail to make top six (which they currently might do), then he is allowed to talk to other clubs regarding a move. He once was a serious target by Wigan (MO) and may remain so.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

If you speak to x-players & x coaches most say that Mo interfere's to much with the playing side of things @ the signing of players( Big Frank & the matty Johns signing).Im not saying Mo is totaly to blame,but how many coaches have we had in the past 10 yrs & how many dud aussie imports have we had.I agree not all of Nobby's signings have been spot on so far but he has had to get players under the salary cap & would you rather have signing players Nobby or Mo.?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

gillysmyhero posted:
I agree not all of Nobby's signings have been spot on so far but he has had to get players under the salary cap & would you rather have signing players Nobby or Mo.?
It should be Nobby but I also think it should be Nobby who is responsible to ensure the players he wants will fit under the cap. I never understand the idea a coach (not just Nobby) can ask for a player, the club sign him and then it ends up over the cap.

Surely the coaches are aware of the cap (obviously) and so should be aware of what room they have under it and that they (not the chairman) can offer in wages to potential players.

Dave
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

The other, if your right, might be a centre - Martin Gleeson anyone? I believe that is written in his contract, that if Warrington fail to make top six (which they currently might do), then he is allowed to talk to other clubs regarding a move. He once was a serious target by Wigan (MO) and may remain so.[/quote]

Gleeson. peersonnally I don't rate him. He is very much hit or miss. Down under he played for glory and left Cauderwood out to dry. Clueless was the best way to rank him. Can't see him fitting in, HC
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

DaveO posted:
gillysmyhero posted:
I agree not all of Nobby's signings have been spot on so far but he has had to get players under the salary cap & would you rather have signing players Nobby or Mo.?
It should be Nobby but I also think it should be Nobby who is responsible to ensure the players he wants will fit under the cap. I never understand the idea a coach (not just Nobby) can ask for a player, the club sign him and then it ends up over the cap.

Surely the coaches are aware of the cap (obviously) and so should be aware of what room they have under it and that they (not the chairman) can offer in wages to potential players.

Dave
To be honest Dave O IMO the coach should come up with a wish list of players that he wants,then its up to the money men (ie the chairman & directors) to workout what money is available under the salary cap & what offers can be made to the players the coach wants.For me the coach should not have anything to do with the contracts or financal side of things,neither should the Chairman or Directors have anything to do with the coaching side of things.