leeds want nobby

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
DaveO

Re: leeds want nobby

Post by DaveO »

gillysmyhero posted:
DaveO posted:
gillysmyhero posted:
I agree not all of Nobby's signings have been spot on so far but he has had to get players under the salary cap & would you rather have signing players Nobby or Mo.?
It should be Nobby but I also think it should be Nobby who is responsible to ensure the players he wants will fit under the cap. I never understand the idea a coach (not just Nobby) can ask for a player, the club sign him and then it ends up over the cap.

Surely the coaches are aware of the cap (obviously) and so should be aware of what room they have under it and that they (not the chairman) can offer in wages to potential players.

Dave
To be honest Dave O IMO the coach should come up with a wish list of players that he wants,then its up to the money men (ie the chairman & directors) to workout what money is available under the salary cap & what offers can be made to the players the coach wants.For me the coach should not have anything to do with the contracts or financal side of things,neither should the Chairman or Directors have anything to do with the coaching side of things.
Unless the coach knows how much the directors are going to offer the players and how much space there is left on the cap he isn't going to be pleased if the directors spend too much money on one player and then tell him he can't have any of the others he wants.

Some time ago it was mentioned Noble was astonished at the high wages certain players were on which suggests to me he has a sense of how much the players are worth comparatively within the game.

The coach can't just say I want a prop, a centre and a full back and hope for the best. He needs to know how much he can spend wages wise and then he can juggle around trying to do the best he can within the budget he's got. He may conclude he would rather just have two of the three players depending who they are if that is all the budget can stand whereas the directors might land him with three poor players or one expensive but outstanding one neither of which are what the coach wants.

If the coach is to be responsible for the signings then he needs to take account of the money side as well because it is no use complaining Mo interferes if the coach doesn't take realistic view of the money situation into account.

Dave
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Dave, don't be silly, we all know it's Mo's fault.
What's he ever done for us? (J. Robinson, Offiah, Edwards, Hanley, Mean Dean, Frano, Tuigamala) :wink:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

FROM A TO B posted:
What's he ever done for us? (J. Robinson, Offiah, Edwards, Hanley, Mean Dean, Frano, Tuigamala) :wink:
A to B your right about MO signing those players all of which are were great players,but in more recent years apart from 4 or 5 good players how many has he signed that have been flops.
Poster

Post by Poster »

When Nobby came both DW and Mo stated that he,Nobby,would have full authority in recruitment.Obviously the Board has to authorise the deals as in any business. Is there someone out there questioning Mo's integrity when he made this statement together with DW?
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

gillysmyhero posted:
FROM A TO B posted:
A to B your right about MO signing those players all of which are were great players,but in more recent years apart from 4 or 5 good players how many has he signed that have been flops.
I take you point, but then again.
Moran, leading try scorer at London
Orr, lead the team at Cas
DV, such promise before he came to us (starting to show, but too little to late).
Bailey, lots of people raved about this ones potential, but we are yet to see it.

Unfortunately, unless you are Stains, you are restriceted by the salary cap and it must be difficult when you have players breaking through that are starting to demand a decent wage and you are expected to sign "superstars" as well.
What do you do? Build a team for the future and develop the youngsters or keep chopping and changing the squad?
For mine (arghhh STEVO'ism), I'd like to see mainly the same squad together for a few seasons, with just a couple of fresh players to replace those that have not performed / getting to the end of their career.
When it boils down to it, we are resricted by the cap and until the RFL starts giving dispensation for players brought up through the academy, we will continue to lose players that should be part of the future of this club.

Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

Fair point ATOB.I have been told today by someone who is very well known and respected within in the club that the relationship between Nobby & MO is so bad that Nobby has been to see DW about it stating that he wants nothing to do with Mo and wants to deal with DW.Its up to you wether you belive it or not.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

gillysmyhero posted:
Fair point ATOB.I have been told today by someone who is very well known and respected within in the club that the relationship between Nobby & MO is so bad that Nobby has been to see DW about it stating that he wants nothing to do with Mo and wants to deal with DW.Its up to you wether you belive it or not.
Were did he go to see him Barbados :lol:
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

Doris needs to keep his nose out and let Nobby try and instill some steel into our team

i cannot stand that 2bit bookmaker
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

Nobby has gone....lets face up to it!
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

the-Bowtun-Warr ior posted:
Nobby has gone....lets face up to it!