Matt King next season

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Poster

Re: Matt King next season

Post by Poster »

Trust me the offer was made over three weeks ago. The decision is Matt Kings. It therefore means there is a game plan for next seasons line up.I believe both Cald and Vaeal will be going. Cald has never been on Nobby's radar and Vaeal has left his run for a new contract too late.
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

i think vaeeliki will go deffinatly but im not to sure if claders will......
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

Poster posted:
Trust me the offer was made over three weeks ago. The decision is Matt Kings. It therefore means there is a game plan for next seasons line up.I believe both Cald and Vaeal will be going. Cald has never been on Nobby's radar and Vaeal has left his run for a new contract too late.
Of course this may depend on whether Noble himself stays. If we get rid of Calders because he doesn't fit into Nobby's plans, then that's something we'd just have to live with. But if we get rid of Calders and Noble leaves as well - as is being rumoured - then that would be further pathetic management by Messrs. Lindsey and Whelan.

The way I see it, we're definitely losing Fletch, DV and Ashton at the end of this season, with the first two likely to free up a lot of cap space. As it stands we had sufficient room left this year to offer Paul King a deal. Therefore, we should easily be able to accommodate Briscoe, Coley and one other decent signing next year. What I'm saying is, I don't want to simply swap Calders for Matt King. King should replace DV in the centre, and Calders should run off him. That would be a good move.

Given the choice I'd prefer Yeaman, because I think he'd be cheaper, but either way I applaud the club's attempts to provide us with a new, more creative centre than DV.