Matt King next season

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Poster

Matt King next season

Post by Poster »

Anyone heard this. He has an opt out clause with Melbourne Storm to play over here.I nderstand he plays on the right wing ,where would this leave Calderwood as he has never been on Nobby's favourite list and never made GB.
Glynola

Re: Matt King next season

Post by Glynola »

No chance.
Everything they do is so dramatic and flamboyant. It just makes me want to set myself on fire!
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

Salary cap!
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Quota? We have only one slot available next season and we need a prop more than we do a winger.

Dave
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

we need to start using calders more we have one of the deadliest wingers in s.l out there but never give him the ball the only time he gets it is when he comes in looking for it on the 20 metre restart...
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

DaveO posted:
Quota? We have only one slot available next season and we need a prop more than we do a winger.

Dave
Quota? No problem! Simply take him to Greece and get him a passport! :angry:
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

According to todays Express, by next week Matt King will give Wigan a final decision as to whether he will sign for us next season.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

DaveO posted:

Dave
...and a fullback more than either.
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

Matt King plays most of his domestic games in the centre, and is generally regarded - by the Aussies at least - as being better than any centre currently over here.

I don't think a centre is a priority either, but we've got loads of salary cap space to play with next season. I too would prefer an international prop, but Ryles has now gone, as has Big Civ. That doesn't leave us with many options. Of course, we don't know if there's truth in the Moi Moi or Peacock rumours yet, though both stories seem to have run out of steam in recent months (as does the Hape one).

Coley now looks as though he's coming, as does Briscoe. But by my reckoning, we can still get another decent signing in on top of those two. It all depends on which position we decide needs filling the most. For me, a classy centre would be very welcome (and if Coley comes as well, with him, Fielden, Feka, Prescott and O'Carroll, I feel we'd be covered in the front row).
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Cruncher posted:
Matt King plays most of his domestic games in the centre, and is generally regarded - by the Aussies at least - as being better than any centre currently over here.

I don't think a centre is a priority either, but we've got loads of salary cap space to play with next season. I too would prefer an international prop, but Ryles has now gone, as has Big Civ. That doesn't leave us with many options. Of course, we don't know if there's truth in the Moi Moi or Peacock rumours yet, though both stories seem to have run out of steam in recent months (as does the Hape one).

Coley now looks as though he's coming, as does Briscoe. But by my reckoning, we can still get another decent signing in on top of those two. It all depends on which position we decide needs filling the most. For me, a classy centre would be very welcome (and if Coley comes as well, with him, Fielden, Feka, Prescott and O'Carroll, I feel we'd be covered in the front row).
A lot depends on whether Calderwood's and DV's contracts get renewed, and if so, for how much. That will determine how much we have to spend, and whether we need to fill their positions.
Personally, I'd be quite happy with Goulding as one of our starting centres.

Fullback is #1 priority, prop #2. Presumably Hansen will take Fletcher's spot, with Tomkins on the bench (and Hill in reserve), so we're OK for 2nd rows. Hookers and half-backs are sorted, as are the wings if Calders stays (as I hope he does).

We've got Bailey for 2 more seasons after this one, so I don't see such an urgent need for another expensive centre just yet - either re-sign DV on a reduced wage, or promote Goulding.