major announcement next week

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
butt monkey

Re: major announcement nex...

Post by butt monkey »

Shaun Edwards was at the recent cup tie against the Quins, but so was his dad, so make of that what you will!!!

As for him being the purchaser of the Warriors, I very much doubt it. I do not believe he has the finances, he would more likely return as Coach or Chief Exec.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

Think Shaun would return as director of rugby if he returns,but i can't see it myself

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

turf

Post by turf »

Ashton has changed hi mind. You wish Fujiman!! Somehow when he goes, I think he will be gone forever!!!!!!!
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Facts MO has been given a post in the Football League maybe he is standing down as Wigan Warriors chairman
doc

Post by doc »

Whelan sold ALL his families shares in JJB sports last Friday for £190 million. Maybe he's setting up a trust fund for us and the Latics like Jack Walker did for Blackburn?

Just conjecture, but this is rumours board.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

doc posted:
Whelan sold ALL his families shares in JJB sports last Friday for £190 million. Maybe he's setting up a trust fund for us and the Latics like Jack Walker did for Blackburn?

Just conjecture, but this is rumours board.
Thee JJB stadium is under Whelco another family business seperate from JJB .
His main love is his football he didnt want the Wariors after they refused him hid plans to do up Central Park .Warriors only came on board as an afterthought in fact Orrell were to share the ground with Latics
jollygiant3107

Post by jollygiant3107 »

or it could be the fact that noble is on his way to leeds next season. :(
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

jaws1 posted:
His main love is his football he didnt want the Wariors after they refused him hid plans to do up Central Park .Warriors only came on board as an afterthought in fact Orrell were to share the ground with Latics
And then you woke up! The ground could not have been built if it were not dual use form the word go and no it wasn't dual use with Orrell. Whelan has been involved with the RL club for decades (he is a past president of the club) and it was Jack Robinson who Whelan fell out with over CP, not the club. There is a huge difference.

For a man not interested he has a funny way of showing it by funding the Fielden transfer and the arrival of Nobby.

Dave
OJ

Post by OJ »

DaveO posted:
jaws1 posted:

And then you woke up! The ground could not have been built if it were not dual use form the word go and no it wasn't dual use with Orrell. Whelan has been involved with the RL club for decades (he is a past president of the club) and it was Jack Robinson who Whelan fell out with over CP, not the club. There is a huge difference.

For a man not interested he has a funny way of showing it by funding the Fielden transfer and the arrival of Nobby.

Dave
Well said DaveO, Dave Whelan always has and always will love football but he seems to love the rugby almost as much. It gets on my nerves the way fans slag him off, its a bit of a case of he's damned if he does and he's damned if he doesn't 'cos the guy just cannot win with some fans who all conveniently forget just what he has done for us.
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Leyther Pie

Post by Leyther Pie »

OJ posted:
DaveO posted:
jaws1 posted:

Dave
Well said DaveO, Dave Whelan always has and always will love football but he seems to love the rugby almost as much. It gets on my nerves the way fans slag him off, its a bit of a case of he's damned if he does and he's damned if he doesn't 'cos the guy just cannot win with some fans who all conveniently forget just what he has done for us.
I understand what he has done for us but as a person i just dont like him. This stems from things in the distant past but most recently thye JJB Warehouse saga. Being a Union Representative i just dont like him for the way he treated his workers during that whole ordeal. I thank him for what he has done for this club(?) but not for anything else. This is just My Opinion. :(
I've never felt more like singing the Blues
When the Wiganers win and the Leythers lose.