major announcement next week

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Warriors07

Re: major announcement next we...

Post by Warriors07 »

I cant see it being nobby ive heard him say he is not leaving and he is a man of is word so i believe him. He is also a loyal man look how long he as been at bradford for.
Dubs

Re: major announcement nex...

Post by Dubs »

What does Dave Whelan selling 29% of his ownership of JJB Sports plc have to do with the name of the stadium changing? Some people really need to engage their brain before posting…
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

Dubs posted:
What does Dave Whelan selling 29% of his ownership of JJB Sports plc have to do with the name of the stadium changing? Some people really need to engage their brain before posting…
He doesn't own JJB Sports anymore so it is no longer his decision whether JJB Sports sponsor the stadium and the two teams.

It seems unlikely that the new company in charge will stop the sponsorship because the contracts are already in place, and the company also own Umbro who are the kit manufactures for Latics new shirt and possible Warriors new shirt.

Its unlikely that JJB will need to change its name but it is more of a possibility now then when Whealen was in charge of JJB Sports.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

adrenalinxx posted:

It seems unlikely that the new company in charge will stop the sponsorship because the contracts are already in place, and the company also own Umbro who are the kit manufactures for Latics new shirt and possible Warriors new shirt.
I would hope that we will not have to wear umbro shirts - they're a soccer kit manufacturer!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Matthew posted:
adrenalinxx posted:

I would hope that we will not have to wear umbro shirts - they're a soccer kit manufacturer!
Not too bothered about who manufactures the shirt, just as long as it is a quality manufacturer, rather than cheap rubbish that fades after the first wash!

Nor a foul shirt like this!!!!
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Renegade

Post by Renegade »

So are you saying he lied to her? It seems he came out with a categoric denial he was leaving to a fan. He doesn't strike me as someone who would deliberately mislead anyone, even a "lowly" fan.

Dave
Although it would be more unprofessional of somebody in Brian Noble's position to lie I do recall myself and my friend asking Terry Newton if there was any truth in the rumours he was leaving Wigan for Bradford, which he flatly denied saying he would never leave Wigan.

Dubs

Post by Dubs »

adrenalinxx posted:
Dubs posted:
He doesn't own JJB Sports anymore so it is no longer his decision whether JJB Sports sponsor the stadium and the two teams.

Its unlikely that JJB will need to change its name but it is more of a possibility now then when Whealen was in charge of JJB Sports.
The Stadium is owned/administered by Whelco, Whelan's subsidiary holding group. Whelan is still Honorary Life President of JJB Sports, although he has no real say in the day-to-day running of the company. The company is synonymous with Wigan, I'd be amazed if it's name changes in the near future[/quote]
royston

Special Announcment

Post by royston »

Its obvious there is going to be an announcment but whe will have to see if DW as somewere in the sale of his shares and the deal he has made with whoever it is to keep the JJB logo at the stadium,but then again is there going to be a big shake up from the directors down to the players, and all i can see as for the S edwards is concerned what roll can he play can this be a wembly thing? :wink: :wink:
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

If there is any announcement couldn't it just be a change of sponsor from one Whelan firm to another.

As Mr Whelan has sold his interest in JJB he may switch stadium and shirt sponsorship over to Whelco.

I know us fans may not see this as a major announcement, but it seems the most likely to me.
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

Doris off to higher things in football

Edwards coming in

Nobby ??????????????????????? ( but do hope he stays
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White