Rumours

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
OAMJSONA

Rumours

Post by OAMJSONA »

lots of rumours these days so i will throw one in the hat

point1= Edwards seen at JJB a few times recently
point2= Why
point3= Possibility of coaching position

final point
i would like to bet Edwards will be coming in a coaching capacity

but this is only the rumours section isnt it

:eusa9:
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

shawcross da warrior

Re: Rumours

Post by shawcross da warrior »

if you go to the bookys there will be odds on it deffinatly ........

and the odds on nobby going to leedsd which i cant see happening but some people may do.....

" Leeds Fans "
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

we will wait and see

but remeber the date of this post

Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

maybe he's come back up to wigan to see any family that still live around here! it could make sense seeing as the rugby union season is over!i saw shaun in the brocket arms 2weeks ago so he might be buying that as a hobby!!
Susi

Post by Susi »

this rumour keeps appearing. Whilst I would love to see Shaun as coach at some point. I cannot see it happening as he's son is down London area, and can't see him leaving the role he's in.
I wait to be wrong as I really admire him he's my god of rl.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

How old is Shaun's son now? I would assume that when he is old enough, his father will "move on", meaning that it may become a possibility in the future
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

butt monkey posted:
How old is Shaun's son now? I would assume that when he is old enough, his father will "move on", meaning that it may become a possibility in the future
Not far off. Trust me, this rumour about Shaun coming back to Wigan in some capacity has got respectable legs (I'll give you a clue - they used to play for Wigan, alongside Shaun).
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

Frano Botica.......... :conf:
standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

andy greg??
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

An ex-Wigan player - a legend who figured prominently in the Wigan 'Team of All Talents' in the 80s/90s - assured me that Edwards would be back at Wigan "in some capacity, possibly coaching" in the near future. But please don't ask me to name this player, as I promised him I wouldn't.

My pet theory is that Shaun is being lined up as coach for after Noble leaves. Whether Noble is going to Leeds in 2008 or not, we know he'll be off at some point because his long-term ambition is to coach in Aus and he's never made any secret of that.

Noble's contract allegedly finishes at the end of 2008. If my theory's correct, it wouldn't surprise me to see Edwards get involved at some point before then, as a sort of assistant, so he can pick up the reins smoothly when Brian departs.