Rumours

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Fujiman

Re: Rumours

Post by Fujiman »

Cruncher posted:
An ex-Wigan player - a legend who figured prominently in the Wigan 'Team of All Talents' in the 80s/90s - assured me that Edwards would be back at Wigan "in some capacity, possibly coaching" in the near future. But please don't ask me to name this player, as I promised him I wouldn't.

My pet theory is that Shaun is being lined up as coach for after Noble leaves. Whether Noble is going to Leeds in 2008 or not, we know he'll be off at some point because his long-term ambition is to coach in Aus and he's never made any secret of that.

Noble's contract allegedly finishes at the end of 2008. If my theory's correct, it wouldn't surprise me to see Edwards get involved at some point before then, as a sort of assistant, so he can pick up the reins smoothly when Brian departs.
Cant see it happening. suppose its announced he going to be coach in 2008 and nobby has a bad run there will be an outcry for him to come earlier. What if nobby turns things around and we dominate everything. Also were does that leave Vievers. No if he's going to come it has to be now and not a promise to come in Xmonths or years thats just unworkable
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

When asked this question early in the week Edwaeds who was in Ireland at the time replied '' no not yet '' his words I tend to believe him .
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

Fujiman posted:
Cruncher posted:
An ex-Wigan player - a legend who figured prominently in the Wigan 'Team of All Talents' in the 80s/90s - assured me that Edwards would be back at Wigan "in some capacity, possibly coaching" in the near future. But please don't ask me to name this player, as I promised him I wouldn't.

My pet theory is that Shaun is being lined up as coach for after Noble leaves. Whether Noble is going to Leeds in 2008 or not, we know he'll be off at some point because his long-term ambition is to coach in Aus and he's never made any secret of that.

Noble's contract allegedly finishes at the end of 2008. If my theory's correct, it wouldn't surprise me to see Edwards get involved at some point before then, as a sort of assistant, so he can pick up the reins smoothly when Brian departs.
Cant see it happening. suppose its announced he going to be coach in 2008 and nobby has a bad run there will be an outcry for him to come earlier. What if nobby turns things around and we dominate everything. Also were does that leave Vievers. No if he's going to come it has to be now and not a promise to come in Xmonths or years thats just unworkable
Why is it unworkable? It's all about contracts.

If Nobby told the club on his first day that he'd be here until - for the sake of argument - the end of 2008, then the club would have to plan accordingly. They'd have no choice, other than to keep badgering him to stay and continually being told no.

Exactly the same thing happened at Wigan with Graham Lowe. He told them at the beginning of 88/89 that he was leaving at the end of the year to go home to be with his daughters. They accepted it and had a year to find a suitable replacement, which they duly did.

As for the other things: If Nobby has a bad run, it won't make any difference what the fans demand. We can't bring the new guy in until he's ready to come, and if that's 2009 - the first year of the franchises (which, if we're honest, we should be a cert to qualify for), then we have to wait until then. On the other hand, if Nobby turns it all around before then and we suddenly start dominating the game again, it still won't matter what the fans demand - if he already has a place waiting in Aus, that's where he'll be going.

As for Veivers - I don't know what it would mean for him, but since when did the position of the club's assistant coaches have any bearing on the appointment of head-coach?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Cruncher posted:
On the other hand, if Nobby turns it all around before then and we suddenly start dominating the game again, it still won't matter what the fans demand - if he already has a place waiting in Aus, that's where he'll be going.
First thing is he doesn't have a place waiting for him in Aus. No one knows what the coaching positions are going to be in Aus in 2009 and whether Noble would be offered one.

If Wigan fail to shine by then I can't see any Aus club going for him.

Even if Wigan start to dominate making Noble more attractive as a coach down under there is nothing to say he won't want to cement a long term relationship with the club. And also nothing to say Wigan won't make him a very good offer to continue here.

If he does make a go of it here and Wigan are successful bringing in Edwards for the sake of it would be a ridiculous move by the club.

Given the normal uncertainties you won't find a decision on Nobles contractual situation after 2008 (if that is when he Wigan deal expires) until much nearer the time when things are a lot clearer such as who is available and how he has done as a coach for us and also what he wants himself which can change a lot between now and then. I mean who envisaged Noble as Wigan coach 18 months ago?

I also thought once Noble committed to us he had effectively "done a Faz" ans passed over the opportunity to coach in Aus in favour of Wigan. I don't think even if Noble still wants to coach there he will be necessarily offered the chance. The window of opportunity may have passed him by.

Dave
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

DaveO posted:

I also thought once Noble committed to us he had effectively "done a Faz" ans passed over the opportunity to coach in Aus in favour of Wigan. I don't think even if Noble still wants to coach there he will be necessarily offered the chance. The window of opportunity may have passed him by.

Dave
If that's the case then fair enough. That's one of the reasons I still find it hard to believe that Noble is about to jump ship. It would look terrible on his CV if he arrived at Wigan, a club loaded with money and potential, and failed to achieve anything. Like you, I couldn't see any Aussies wanting to pick him up then. For all his complaints that Lindsay had made his job impossible, people would still say that he'd failed in his biggest task.

Of course, my Edwards theory might still hold good if Noble has decided that he's going to Leeds next year come what may and has already informed the club of this.

Still, it's only speculation.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

OAM posted:
lots of rumours these days so i will throw one in the hat

point1= Edwards seen at JJB a few times recently
point2= Why
point3= Possibility of coaching position

final point
i would like to bet Edwards will be coming in a coaching capacity

but this is only the rumours section isnt it

:eusa9:
maybe he still as family in wigan and just visited them
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

I think its a case of the club might be getting itchy fingers, after all, it does have a reputation for a coach a year, and how long precisely has Brian Noble been here?.........

[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

butt monkey posted:
I think its a case of the club might be getting itchy fingers, after all, it does have a reputation for a coach a year, and how long precisely has Brian Noble been here?.........

You do talk a load of c**p sometimes but your pics make me smile :lol:
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Fujiman posted:
butt monkey posted:

You do talk a load of c**p sometimes but your pics make me smile :lol:
Tis a full size replica of Gemma
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

Strange, I always thought she was slimmer than that, They often say the camera adds a few pounds :lol: