Ryles to re-sign with St George

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
ancientnloyal

Re: Ryles to re-sign with St G...

Post by ancientnloyal »

Another one to scrub off the rumour list.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
DaveO

Re: Ryles to re-sign with ...

Post by DaveO »

Bit if a traditional none article from the wep and confirms nothing with phrases like "close to", "reportedly" and "are thought".

I don't think there are any actual hard confirmed facts in the first three paragraphs!

Anyone on here could have wrote the article from posts in this forum.....

Dave

Lazy J

Post by Lazy J »

Knowing the poor standards at the WEP (Preston paper with wigan cover) this and RLfans are he major forms of reaserch.

also scratch Berrigan off the rumours list hes signed for Dull
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!
Glynola

Post by Glynola »

Lazy J posted:

Good signing for Hull, can't see Godwin being too chuffed though!
Everything they do is so dramatic and flamboyant. It just makes me want to set myself on fire!
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

Glynola posted:
Lazy J posted:

I bet Godwin's wondering why he went to Hull. Anyone fancy him back at Wigan if/when Millard retires this year? I wouldn't say no.

On the general subject though, these kinds of things depress me. As usual we've been strongly linked with a number of big-name stars, and one by one they're all now signing for other people.

In recent years, it's happened with Lyon, Lauititi, Vainokolo, Pryce - just to name a few off the top of my head. I'm sure there are several more.

I don't know what the answer is. Maybe we just expect too much. But Wigan don't help when these stories run and run, and then the next day we sign someone infinitely inferior - and Maurice acts as though it's a major coup.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Cruncher posted:
Glynola posted:
Lazy J posted:

I bet Godwin's wondering why he went to Hull. Anyone fancy him back at Wigan if/when Millard retires this year? I wouldn't say no.

On the general subject though, these kinds of things depress me. As usual we've been strongly linked with a number of big-name stars, and one by one they're all now signing for other people.

In recent years, it's happened with Lyon, Lauititi, Vainokolo, Pryce - just to name a few off the top of my head. I'm sure there are several more.

I don't know what the answer is. Maybe we just expect too much. But Wigan don't help when these stories run and run, and then the next day we sign someone infinitely inferior - and Maurice acts as though it's a major coup.
Cruncher, take him back to Wigan?? no... we have Higham who is our #1 and then McI who should be #2... lets not get carried away from his cameo appearance against Harlequins... 1 appearance, he still needs to dislodge a fit Millard.

Godwin will perhaps move to Quins IMO or whoever gets promoted
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
fitzy

Post by fitzy »

dont think nobby gonna take on another hooker like A and L said we already have higham and mcllorum for when grandad retires and lets not forget about the rfls greta invention the salary cap
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

and who can blame him at this fine club with such great directors and owners....

only kidding joking aside i would have him back at wigazn he was a good lad and i think he would be a good signing.....
Bert's Medal

Post by Bert's Medal »

From what I understand, Ryles was something of a smokescreen at Wigan.

What I've heard (from within the club) is that we've signed Coley for next season, but want him for this season also (i.e. by paying a fee as with Fielden). :thum: