Saints Board Changes

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Poster

Saints Board Changes

Post by Poster »

Why should what has been described as a minor change in the press be of such great concern to their first team left centre ? And greatly concerned he was when he was having the details spelled out to him 1/2 an hour ago by someone unknown to me who obviously new the new structure very well and what it meant in terms of new voting rights. All you with the low down knowledge could let us know. I thought generally board changes had little if any direct effect on players unless it is something to do with their contract.
Cruncher

Re: Saints Board Changes

Post by Cruncher »

Poster posted:
Why should what has been described as a minor change in the press be of such great concern to their first team left centre ? And greatly concerned he was when he was having the details spelled out to him 1/2 an hour ago by someone unknown to me who obviously new the new structure very well and what it meant in terms of new voting rights. All you with the low down knowledge could let us know. I thought generally board changes had little if any direct effect on players unless it is something to do with their contract.
Sorry, but I haven't got a clue what this means? Can you explain further.
Poster

Post by Poster »

The player was obviously concerned that it would effect him as a player and maybe the club, and I cannot understand why. This is not third hand I actually heard the conversation.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

You on about Willie Talau?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Poster

Post by Poster »

I did not use his name but Willie is a big guy isn't he.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

you said left centre and if I remember he is on the left with Meli, Gardner plays right.

So Talau has problems you say caused by the Sants board?

You are Talua wanting sympathy from Wigan fans because Vaealiki the God will crush him like a Grape... a meaningless Grape!
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Poster

Post by Poster »

I know I am a bit dim in all this but I cannot understand how it effects any player directly how the voting rights had changed and this was definetly the area of concern.

I well remember Vaealiki doing a job on Jamie Lyon at the JJB when Jammie went off late suffering from 'heat stroke' Ha!!!!! He is very capable of doing it again if he is focused on the game.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Poster posted:
I know I am a bit dim in all this but I cannot understand how it effects any player directly how the voting rights had changed and this was definetly the area of concern.
I suppose it depends if the old directors had a say in something that directly affects him that was a matter of policy.

For example could the new board be about to stop the practice of paying oversea players wages into offshore employee benefit trusts?

If so then he would liable for more tax on his wages so he might not like it!

Pure speculation on my part but unless the player knew the old board was a reason why certain things are the way they are at Saints that may now change that directly affected him he ought not to be concerned.

Dave